5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear surround speakers detached from headliner

Brunzca

Reaction score
I swapped out the rear surround / headliner speakers yesterday, but when trying to put grilles back on, the back half of the speaker assembly detached from the headliner (inside). So, when I’m pushing the grille back on, the back two clips just push the whole assembly up, instead of clicking into the slot. Now I have the two front clips in, and the back two out, so half the grille is hanging down, not clipped in. Both speakers did the same thing! Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Can I glue the assembly back down somehow, inside the headliner? I cant really see what’s in there…. No pics right now.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I swapped out the rear surround / headliner speakers yesterday, but when trying to put grilles back on, the back half of the speaker assembly detached from the headliner (inside). So, when I’m pushing the grille back on, the back two clips just push the whole assembly up, instead of clicking into the slot. Now I have the two front clips in, and the back two out, so half the grille is hanging down, not clipped in. Both speakers did the same thing! Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Can I glue the assembly back down somehow, inside the headliner? I cant really see what’s in there…. No pics right now.

When I upgraded to front/rear component speakers, I deleted those headliner speakers and the center speaker for better imaging

Brunzca

Reaction score
When I upgraded to front/rear component speakers, I deleted those headliner speakers and the center speaker for better imaging

if you guys have DSP, with a channel or two available that you can dedicate to rear fill, its worthwhile. I deleted the center speaker, and the rear doors, but use wideband Speakers In the headliner for rear fill. I have them set up like the below -basically just creates ambient noise, doesn’t sound like anything on their own, but with the rest of the system , it creates depth and and “wideness”.

Pass Through 1&2 are virtual channels that I’ve set up as my rear fill channels, since I have separate left and right ones (I’m not using the ”rear fill full” channel above)

00A7CDCD-7A24-4C6A-B14E-53010F8B3F82.jpeg

Attachments

• 0BB91A4B-B5FD-419F-8E7B-19911920DF3B.jpeg
    0BB91A4B-B5FD-419F-8E7B-19911920DF3B.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 12

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you guys have DSP, with a channel or two available that you can dedicate to rear fill, its worthwhile. I deleted the center speaker, and the rear doors, but use wideband Speakers In the headliner for rear fill. I have them set up like the below -basically just creates ambient noise, doesn’t sound like anything on their own, but with the rest of the system , it creates depth and and “wideness”.

Pass Through 1&2 are virtual channels that I’ve set up as my rear fill channels, since I have separate left and right ones (I’m not using the ”rear fill full” channel above)

View attachment 140336
thanks fo the tip...im using a "DSR1" (y)

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm also using a DSR1, but really haven't messed with the settings since it was tuned. It also cuts in and out randomly.
hey brother:).my does to when i have the speaker down real low.but when i crank it up they all come on.i had my set also,but when i figure out how to do the setting i did some more adjusting to the sound.you can label and store them in case you want to go back.i have about 10 diff setting....(y)😄(y)

Attachments

• 20220827_190206.jpg
    20220827_190206.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220906_132238.jpg
    20220906_132238.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 17

35year mopar fan

Reaction score
Same happened to me. I took the speaker and grill out and used ca glue with activator. There are a few existing glue spots that the ca glue held tight to. With the speaker out you can pull the bracket tight to the headliner.

Users who are viewing this thread