5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Springs

Nibis

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their rear springs for towing. We have a 3 horse trailer, and the rear sag is a bit more than I like. I was thinking of the springs I see that are advertised as being 35% stiffer.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

sdramsey24

Reaction score
Another vote for airbags. I towed a 32' travel trailer at 7k pounds fully loaded no problem. Weight distribution hitch of course. Bags were awesome, really limit the bounce at speed. I usually ran about 15lb.

I tow a 19' boat and tandem axle trailer all the time. Bags help here too, less about bounce more about sitting level because I think a saggy looking hitched truck looks goofy. 🤘

Jeffawats

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a 16' open tandem to a 18' enclosed v nose which now gives me some sway .I think I have the distribution of weight correct but still get some sag and sway.I really like the ride on my 22 1500,3.92 rears and fully loaded probably about 5500-6000 pounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/