5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Speakers

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the grille on the headliner speakers?
4 tabs, 1 in each corner. Get in from the side/corner and pull hard, but carefully. Once one corner comes out the others are easier. You will feel like you are going to break them, but they do come out.

EfrainPerez

Reaction score
Thanks! I tried to remove them but yeah they do feel like they're going to break. Would you happen to have pics?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I tried to remove them but yeah they do feel like they're going to break. Would you happen to have pics?
I can take some. I actually have the grills back off right now because I've developed a rattle back there. I think it's just the metra harness bouncing around on something.

EfrainPerez

Reaction score
I managed to get them off with a bit of force. I also hear a rattle coming from that area but in my case I thinks its coming from the sliding glass.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I managed to get them off with a bit of force. I also hear a rattle coming from that area but in my case I thinks its coming from the sliding glass.
My rattle is coming from the top. I'll get it figured out this weekend hopefully. Glad you were able to get them off. They are a pain.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, the rattle definitely isn't coming from the new speakers. It is a little in front of them. Something has come loose or some padding has moved around.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There’s def some stuff that rattles in there. A big thing are the clips where the door bolts go. So if you’re hearing rattles before reinstalling the door, put your hand where the bolts go and see if it’s that.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s def some stuff that rattles in there. A big thing are the clips where the door bolts go. So if you’re hearing rattles before reinstalling the door, put your hand where the bolts go and see if it’s that.
Mine seems to be coming from somewhere in the middle. Between the sunroof and the headliner speakers.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah got ya. I also broke a couple of clips pulling off a door and had to fish out the broken plastic parts. Def annoying having rattles. Hope you find it.
Removed the speakers out and part of the rattle was coming from the assembly that holds the headliner speakers. If you are sitting in the backseat facing forward and looking up at it, the top right corner for each speaker mount has something right behind it. There is only 1-2 mm of clearance. The headliner probably is slightly loose somewhere causing it to hit. I stuffed some foam tape in between it on each side and 90% of the rattle is gone. The remaining rattle I'm pretty sure is just from the clips and that is the issue that everybody is having. That rattle is right in the middle of the healiner speakers and the sun roof. I'll take a harder look at that tomorrow. I'm not keen on taking it to the dealer and having them deal with it. Mine is full of a bunch of idiots anyway so if it's something I can do myself I am very reluctant. Their favorite excuse, even to the most obvious of things, is that they cannot replicate the problem. I've left it with them for an entire weekend for a different issue to hear that. My amp was bad and smelled like it was burning. They couldn't replicate it. Finally talked to the tech myself, told him to put it on a bass heavy station, turn the volume up to 27+ and sit in it for 5 minutes. Lo and behold they suddenly agreed with me that the amp was bad.

Users who are viewing this thread