5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Sliding Window Trim Replacement

Lbaez318

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the trim right above the rear sliding window? Got a new 2020 Big Horn in the middle of Oct and noticed a scratch three weeks later once I actually was up in the bed for something for the first time.

Trying to work with the dealer as I have barely driven the vehicle and not sure if it
was there prior to purchase, but I’m guessing they will not take care of this for me. Can’t find any instruction online regarding replacing it but I do have the part number (68402768AA).

Attachments

• 7EB4BBC2-49F8-454D-80AE-4D9CF8B4B537.jpeg
    7EB4BBC2-49F8-454D-80AE-4D9CF8B4B537.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 58

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It shows it being held on with double sided tape so most like just peels off perhaps with a little heat, clean surface and apply new one , not sure of the purpose other than hiding something on the other side. Keep in mind if your rear window ever starts leaking they will end up replacing the entire window.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, they're held on by double sided tape. There's another thread on this in the Exterior section...

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the trim right above the rear sliding window? Got a new 2020 Big Horn in the middle of Oct and noticed a scratch three weeks later once I actually was up in the bed for something for the first time.

Trying to work with the dealer as I have barely driven the vehicle and not sure if it
was there prior to purchase, but I’m guessing they will not take care of this for me. Can’t find any instruction online regarding replacing it but I do have the part number (68402768AA).

Not sure if this helps but here’s a link to the piece. U can see it’s just two small 3M pieces of tape. And the price isn’t too bad if ur buying it yourself.

Last edited:

Lbaez318

Reaction score
Appreciate the help everyone! Looks like worse case shouldn’t be an issue for me to remove the original part with some heat and replace on my own.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the help everyone! Looks like worse case shouldn’t be an issue for me to remove the original part with some heat and replace on my own.

For the price i would do it myself before go to dealer and my blood pressure will go up.

Users who are viewing this thread