5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Shocks Upgrade

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Are our rear shocks the same as the Gen4 trucks? I am removing my top hat spacer in front and going to add the Bilstein 5100’s on position 5. I would like to upgrade the rear shocks to some with a remote reservoir but none are offered for the gen5 yet.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
To answer my own post, I checked a few places and the rear shocks of the Gen4 and Gen5 trucks have different part numbers. However, I don’t know what is different about the shocks. Is it the length, the way they mount or the valving?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is just a guess so take it with a grain of salt but I think it would be the valving , I only say that because they redid the air suspension because the new trucks are lighter than the 4th gens . I know the air suspensions aren’t the same but if they redid that I would think they used different shocks for the weight reduction .

Users who are viewing this thread