5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear shocks install

Julio13

Reaction score
For anyone who has replaced their rear shocks in there driveway how did you guys jack up truck or what steps did you take thanks again 2021 ram 1500 big horn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I just jacked up the rear from under the axle and then set the jackstands on the frame so the tires where just off the ground when I removed the jack. Swapping the shocks was simple other than the top bolt on the drivers side because there is less access around the filler neck. It took und wet an hour for the whole job

Julio13

Reaction score
I just jacked up the rear from under the axle and then set the jackstands on the frame so the tires where just off the ground when I removed the jack. Swapping the shocks was simple other than the top bolt on the drivers side because there is less access around the filler neck. It took und wet an hour for the whole job

Ok perfect thanks I saw a video on YouTube the guy had the jack in the middle of the axle and jackstands on either side of the axle

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok perfect thanks I saw a video on YouTube the guy had the jack in the middle of the axle and jackstands on either side of the axle

Nah, you want to extend the shocks

Julio13

Reaction score
Ok so jack up axle and jackstands on frame on both sides backside completely in the air

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so jack up axle and jackstands on frame on both sides backside completely in the air

You can jack from the differential, but put jacksrsndsnin the frame so when you lower rear end, the tires are off the ground

Julio13

Reaction score
You can jack from the differential, but put jacksrsndsnin the frame so when you lower rear end, the tires are off the ground

That’s what I meant differential

Users who are viewing this thread