5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Shocks 2022 Ram 1500 Ltd, Off Road Group, Air Suspension

mzflorida

Reaction score
I've called Fox, emailed Bilstein, and also reached out to Eilbach. I cannot find a replacement shock, other than OEM, for the rear shocks for this vehicle with this configuration. Fox and Bilstein both said the shocks for this configuration require less travel to protect the airbags from tearing. I want a stiffer shock than OEM. Anyhow, thanks a million in advance for any ideas.

I've called Fox, emailed Bilstein, and also reached out to Eilbach. I cannot find a replacement shock, other than OEM, for the rear shocks for this vehicle with this configuration. Fox and Bilstein both said the shocks for this configuration require less travel to protect the airbags from tearing. I want a stiffer shock than OEM. Anyhow, thanks a million in advance for any ideas.

this may help...

this may help...
I love the ingenuity of owners in that thread! I have read it front to back and see that the 4600, and maybe the 5100, might work. With the offroad group and air suspension the ride height is about 1" higher. I am unsure if that is where the shock manufacturers are seeing that they will not work, citing that i have to have less travel than the 4600 or 5100 provide to protect the air bags. I am great with motorcycle suspensions! This is all new to me as I have never owned a truck or a vehicle with air suspension before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back