5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Shock absorder for air suspension

pepsihh

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm trying to gather some information on which rear shocks should I choose im my 2019 ram 1500 laramie with air suspension.
I feel like the stock suspension is a little soft (the truck has 63k miles and i just got it) so that's why im trying to find an alternate suspension.
according to Bilstein website, there is no rear shocks compatible with air suspension.

please advise

pepsihh

Reaction score
Bilstein 4600's. You can also swap the fronts
@E.Hands

According to bilstein website they are not compatible with the air suspension. But you're the 2nd person that recommends them.. I'm sure they will fit but are they gonna work as they should?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to bilstein website they are not compatible with the air suspension. But you're the 2nd person that recommends them.. I'm sure they will fit but are they gonna work as they should?
Yes, because rear shocks Air or Coil are standard. I tagged a guy that did both front and rear. I'm sure he will post soon.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If I’m understanding this right 4600 and 5100 are the same but have a few variables that separate them. If you are trying to get the closest ride quality 4600 is your best bet but if you’ve leveled your truck or use it for towing heavy 5100s are the best bet. Also if you’ve jumped up to 35’s 5100s are a safe bet also.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If I’m understanding this right 4600 and 5100 are the same but have a few variables that separate them. If you are trying to get the closest ride quality 4600 is your best bet but if you’ve leveled your truck or use it for towing heavy 5100s are the best bet. Also if you’ve jumped up to 35’s 5100s are a safe bet also.
The only difference is the coating and 5100's are adjustable struts and longer travel shocks. Valving is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread