5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear sensors

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a message that my Rear sensors were unavailable and to wipe sensors. My dealer looked at that them and ordered all new sensors for the back. Just curious if anyone had experience with this, as he texted me that they are in but he has to send them out to get painted before installing them. I would think that the paint would match up fine, right?

79 300

Reaction score
For something small that bolts on like that I think you will be fine. Now if they were painting a door or something , I might worry more about color matching.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a message that my Rear sensors were unavailable and to wipe sensors. My dealer looked at that them and ordered all new sensors for the back. Just curious if anyone had experience with this, as he texted me that they are in but he has to send them out to get painted before installing them. I would think that the paint would match up fine, right?
Perhaps I'm mistaken but aren't all the sensors on every truck black to match plastics regardless of trim level and bumper color. The rears are in the little black plastic trim piece that attaches to the bottom of the bumper, The fronts are in the fog light plastic trim and the bumper center plastic insert. Unless you're talking about a different sensor, one would think they come from the factory ready to install since they only used one part for every truck.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good question. That was my initial thought too. I'm just going off the dealer message. Anyone else with a limited care to check your back sensors?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good question. That was my initial thought too. I'm just going off the dealer message. Anyone else with a limited care to check your back sensors?

They are black plastic on every trim. My Ivory bumpers have the black plastic lower bumper trim that holds the sensors.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are black plastic on every trim. My Ivory bumpers have the black plastic lower bumper trim that holds the sensors.

So figured it out. They we're hoping it came black already, but it came primer gray. So they are having to paint them black.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just had one replaced and it was grey and my service advisor just told me that it was painted to match as well.

Users who are viewing this thread