5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear seats

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope, reclining rear seats are an option with certain trim levels/packages. Not standard to a crew cab. Not available on Bighorns, pretty sure.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have heard some with Laramies for 2022 that it wasn’t available. Know of one person with same reaction as yours of why it isn’t standard equipment.
Unsure what package includes it now, or offers as an option, but prolly just the Limited now.
I totally agree, the reclining rear seat should be standard across all CC trims…seems just a very useful feature that they could provide with a purchase of a CC. But, just another instance to charge more for a build I guess.

Mketch

Reaction score
Reclining seats were silently removed in early/mid 2022 in all but the limited. Only way to get them otherwise is the GT package. Same with the 4-way lumbar, and the heated rear seats.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reclining seats were silently removed in early/mid 2022 in all but the limited. Only way to get them otherwise is the GT package. Same with the 4-way lumbar, and the heated rear seats.
i confirm my GT has the recline, heated amd the front has the 4 way lumbar, and it was built in september 2022

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I totally agree, the reclining rear seat should be standard across all CC trims…seems just a very useful feature that they could provide with a purchase of a CC. But, just another instance to charge more for a build I guess.
There's significant extra cost for the slide mechanisms, and they don't recline much - it's more of the seat base sliding forward and not much legroom to do it in. So it wasn't much bang for the buck in the comfort department, and more parts to stock and burden the assembly line with. Wouldn't surprise me for the option to just quietly go away altogether.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's significant extra cost for the slide mechanisms, and they don't recline much - it's more of the seat base sliding forward and not much legroom to do it in. So it wasn't much bang for the buck in the comfort department, and more parts to stock and burden the assembly line with. Wouldn't surprise me for the option to just quietly go away altogether.
i dont really agree ,
in my crewcab there is alot of leg room available
and i did try my back recline seat this past weekend in my truck and when recline i find it very confortable, but i do have the GT seats and they are a little different then regular laramie seats...

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I too can see them going away. Read some threads where they “upgraded” to, and it for sure didn’t seem worth it for the work and money involved, but each to his own. Sounds like a great option…reclining rear seats in a truck. Guess not, huh?!?
My butt will prolly never be in the backseat ever, so I’m good. “Comfort” and “truck” never used to be in the same sentence before. It’s now expected, especially when we’re paying a hefty price for them.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
then it should be there, but it not like in the pre 2019 truck with a lid ,. the storage is more like a foldable tray

this is a picture from google , not my truck

1666652995613.png

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or they dropped the feature to help keep the price from increasing more due to inflation and supply shortages
It sucks. I've looked at the MSRP of Laramies today. For less options than my 2021, it's over $70k. While a year ago my MSRP was at $65k.

My 2021 Laramie came with reclining & heated rear seats with the fold-out storage.

Twil6

Reaction score
At this point even if it’s not a supply chain issue or even when it does get better I doubt they will add these back in as standard feature. Buyers are used to not getting it now.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i dont really agree ,
in my crewcab there is alot of leg room available
and i did try my back recline seat this past weekend in my truck and when recline i find it very confortable, but i do have the GT seats and they are a little different then regular laramie seats...

I agree. There's more than enough leg room for the recline feature. I've been told it makes the seats more comfortable.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It sucks. I've looked at the MSRP of Laramies today. For less options than my 2021, it's over $70k. While a year ago my MSRP was at $65k.

My 2021 Laramie came with reclining & heated rear seats with the fold-out storage.

$65K -> $70K is about an 8% increase.

With how much everything else has gone up in the last year or two, I'd say we're lucky the truck sticker prices didn't go up more than 8%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online