5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear seats lift up without depressing release lever.

UltraMadMax

Reaction score
On my limited, the rear seats easily move up and down without depressing the release lever. I can see the mechanism moving when I depress the release but they do not lock in place. Is this normal? Should they lock in place at least when you sit on them?

UltraMadMax

Reaction score
They don’t lock or have a release lever. That is by design so that you can manipulate them with one hand easily. The lever you’re referring to is for the “reclining” rear seats.
You rock. Thanks for the help. I forgot the seats reclined. Will need to tell my rear passengers going forward.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
They don’t lock or have a release lever. That is by design so that you can manipulate them with one hand easily. The lever you’re referring to is for the “reclining” rear seats.

^^^ This ^^^

And... You have hooks on the seat bottoms to keep grocery bags from flying all over the floor when driving. Works really well actually :)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We checked out the Limited and Rebel quite well...there is all kinds of nifty storage. I really liked how easy it was to lift the seat. And the flat floor with out the transmission tunnel was awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online