5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear seat lift

Jopipe17

Reaction score
Whats up, anyone lifted there rear seats in there 5th gen rams, know where to get lift kits for the sests? Biggest i seen was net audio 1.5 lift. I have a 2020 1500 bighorn and was looking and lmi welding doesn't offer a seat lift for one's without the big center console. I'm gonna eventually have to lift my rear seat for my 4x8 subwoofer enclosure to have enough airspace. Thanks

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whats up, anyone lifted there rear seats in there 5th gen rams, know where to get lift kits for the sests? Biggest i seen was net audio 1.5 lift. I have a 2020 1500 bighorn and was looking and lmi welding doesn't offer a seat lift for one's without the big center console. I'm gonna eventually have to lift my rear seat for my 4x8 subwoofer enclosure to have enough airspace. Thanks
Why don`t you just delete the whole rear seat and fabricate a custom storage shelf in place of it, problem solved?

Jopipe17

Reaction score
Why don`t you just delete the whole rear seat and fabricate a custom storage shelf in place of it, problem solved?
Cuse I want my back seats jus was looking to see if anyone lifted there rear seats before. Every other model truck has lift kits

Av1

Reaction score
I don't know of any aftermarket solutions for you but check with some local fabrication shops in your area.

It seems like a fairly simple project, and I don't think it would cost much to have it made to whatever height you need.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could build the box so front is higher to get your needed volume. Then the seat bottom would be tilted, but still useful.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
52 bucks for couple pieces of MDF and few bolts!
Make your own.
Get longer mounting bolts that meet your lift requirement and cut spacers from heavy-wall pipe.
Add some primer and paint and you are done...

Last edited:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you considered cycling? it is easier on the old joints than running.

I agree. I do use my exercise bike during the winter months which, here in Buffalo, NY, usually lasts until July. Then, a couple of weeks of summer. My comment about the saggy butt was actually my attempt at trying to be a comedian!

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. I do use my exercise bike during the winter months which, here in Buffalo, NY, usually lasts until July. Then, a couple of weeks of summer. My comment about the saggy butt was actually my attempt at trying to be a comedian!
Kind of figured that...

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score

I ordered the LMI 1020 Ram kit after I talked to a local car audio shop, but the only problem is it did not come with installation instructions. My last seat lift was simple and was self explanatory, but this kit has more pieces with specific deferent angles. I will try to figure it out.

Ceri

Reaction score
LMI has two different model number kits. One says "does not fit the large fold down console" and the other says "does not fit the small fold down console". I wonder if one or the other works for you?

The rear wall of my 2022 is remarkably similar to my older 2005. Although the 1020 RAM kit says 2010-2018, I wonder if it works. The picture is of a 2019+ Limited. They have great pictures for GM and Ford kits, but nothing great for the Rams on their website. I'd email them a picture of your back seat and let them tell you which kit fits your application. If the Big Horn doesn't have a fold down rear seat then you could probably get away with some stacked MDF spacers. I'm not too familiar with what's going on in the Big Horn back seats.

1704420043360.png

1704420073553.png

Users who are viewing this thread