5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Seat Covers (and door cover) For LARGE DOGS?

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Model in sig...

I have seat and door covers from my old truck (16 Honda Pilot) that don't quite cover either the seats OR the doors.

They are the "hammock style", that go from headrest to headrest, covering the entire seat and covering the floor area (hammock style - dog owners will know what I'm talking about. IMG_5206.jpg

Now - I LOVE MY DOG WAY MORE than I love my truck (and I REALLY LOVE MY TRUCK) - but with the perf leather on the seats, and the leather on the doors - a 95lb Rottie will TEAR IT UP pretty quick (I know, her nails need to be trimmed).

I had a set of Kurgo door covers mod'd by a local boat canvas shop - but I need to bring back another set ($20) and get them made EVEN WIDER (and longer - they were short by about 2" in each dimension on the first go-around).

Anyone find a "hammock style" cover for the rear that ACTUALLY FITS?

I have to bring her to the vet today (and I really want to start bringing her back to the dog park, since the weather down here is cool enough), but she really trashed the doors on my old truck (didn't have covers for those until it was TOO LATE).

Might have to bring her over today in the Slingshot (and you haven't lived, until you pull up next to a slingshot at a light, with a full grown rottweiler in the passenger seat) - but I do road trips with dog in the spring/summer/fall and I need to find a solution to protect my trucks interior.

Suggestions?

Regards,

Rick

ryanc111

Reaction score
Check out Mud River Dog Products . . . I run the Double Barrel Utility Mat in my truck and it provides full coverage and is waterproof which is ideal when you have a wet muddy bird dog hopping in and out of the truck.

It looks like they also make a hammock model but not sure on the width/coverage of it.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Check out Mud River Dog Products . . . I run the Double Barrel Utility Mat in my truck and it provides full coverage and is waterproof which is ideal when you have a wet muddy bird dog hopping in and out of the truck.

It looks like they also make a hammock model but not sure on the width/coverage of it.

Thanks for the tip...

The hammock model is 58" wide (seat width) and 68" long (headrest to headrest) - which is about 4-6" to narrow to cover the whole seat.

Current seat cover from the Pilot - with the side flaps, it covers the whole bottom - but falls short on the sides.

IMG_5313.jpg

The door covers (Kurgo) I had mod'd at my boat canvas guy - could be a little wider, but the front part is actually covered by the seatbacks from the front seat.

IMG_5314.jpg

I may order the Mudriver cover anyways, and just have them mod'd by my canvas guy - I like that they have THREE headrest attachments on the back side - but I think at 68", then may hang a little LONG in the footwell area.

Want to find some headrest covers, to defend against the SLOBBER FACTOR.

The search continues. Love the room in the back seat area - but it makes it difficult to find "doggie defense accessories" for it. Seems like they make all these things for the PRIUS DRIVERS, not US.

Rick

beta379

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation myself. except I have two kids and a full sized poodle. I wish I could do a hammock style but won't work with two car seats. I've been thinking of buying a full fitted rear seat cover from the likes of Wet Okole, Marathon, CoverKind, CoverCraft or CalTrend. They are pricey at about $250-$300 and not sure how they will hold up either. The neoprene versions could be good for wet dogs.

Here are a couple links on stuff I found. The Duluth hammock had a nice soft liner for the seat although it may be slick if the dog jumps up and down.

I also saw another thread with seat covers as well.

Xhumeka

Reaction score
The door covers (Kurgo) I had mod'd at my boat canvas guy - could be a little wider, but the front part is actually covered by the seatbacks from the front seat.

View attachment 42592

How does the door cover attach to the door? Did you need to apply velcro strips to your door or something? Cheers.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I purchased this one for the same reason you posted, large dogs. I haven't been able to test it yet but I did install it. it is wider than any other I was able to find and it does have the flaps to put up to protect the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread