5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Reclining Seats

Ramrod2285

Reaction score
I purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the Laramie Ivl 1 package, and sport appearance pkg. Got the vehicle home and realized that it was not like that one I had test drove which I was told was identical to the one I bought minus a different gear ratio. Instead of having reclining seats and the full center console, it just has a center cup holder pullout in the middle seat. I thought this was standard given the trim and packages. Does anyone know if I somehow got screwed?

Denali

Reaction score
It used to be a level 2 option, but I don't think they currently offer it at all on the Laramie -- likely due to shortages.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the Recliners with heating on my 2021 Laramie. Built in Nov 2020.

Malodave

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got the Recliners with heating on my 2021 Laramie. Built in Nov 2020.

Malodave
Reclining rear seats were included with the Laramie Level 2/B equipment group for 2021. Looks like they removed that for 2022 models, at least for a time. @Ramrod2285, you should check your build sheet. It would be called something like Rr 60/40 Folding Split Recline Seat if you are supposed to have it.

Last edited:

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
I purchased a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the Laramie Ivl 1 package, and sport appearance pkg. Got the vehicle home and realized that it was not like that one I had test drove which I was told was identical to the one I bought minus a different gear ratio. Instead of having reclining seats and the full center console, it just has a center cup holder pullout in the middle seat. I thought this was standard given the trim and packages. Does anyone know if I somehow got screwed?
It looks like it isn’t just you:

For 2021, it was included with my Laramie Level 1/A. Now reclining seats do not even seem to be included with recent Laramie trucks with Level 2.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to 2022 where they keep taking more and more standard options away.

My 21 has them and it’s one of the lowest level Laramie sports I could get.

And I though them Removing the dash ambient lighting and passenger dimming mirror was bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Welcome to 2022 where they keep taking more and more standard options away.

My 21 has them and it’s one of the lowest level Laramie sports I could get.

And I though them Removing the dash ambient lighting and passenger dimming mirror was bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amen. I ended up buying Backcountry Crew because it was not much more than the Quad Cab I ordered due to the price increases and Ram de-contenting the step bars from the Quad Backcountry but keeping the package price the same.

Plus I had to buy the foam cupholder door inserts too. Still bitter about that...

Gillytickle

Reaction score
Things keep getting removed but the price doesn't seem to be decreasing.

Av1

Reaction score
My 2022 Level A has the reclining rear seats. Build date 02-22. There doesn't seem to be much standardization as to which Rams get them and which do not.

sessman

Reaction score
I'm pretty bummed that my 19' had the blind spot monitoring and I didn't realize my 21' didn't have it until getting home...that is a core and basic safety feature these days especially with a large truck.

Last edited:

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Things keep getting removed but the price doesn't seem to be decreasing.
I just checked the website of the dealer I bought mine from. They have 2022 Laramies with less options than mine for about $8k more than when I bought it last year. And that's not a mark up. It's MSRP - $73k.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm pretty bummed that my 19' had the blind spot monitoring and I didn't realize my 21' didn't have it until getting home...that is a core and basic safety feature these days especially with a large truck.
Personally I disabled mine.
The side mirrors lighting up triangles or whatever they hell it is, is way more distracting then any benefit it gives.

I also have the rear view camera so that along with regular mirror, and the top corner gives me no blind spots

As far as the seats, people need to go to the higher level trims.
I was looking at building a Laramie but then I realized it was the same price for a Limited with the same features.
Is there a reason why so many people get a Laramie vs Limited and then have problems with "missing" features? Is it for lower end Laramies that cost less or something?

Reaction score
My 2022 Laramie has reclining rear seats. Don't remember if it was part of a package I chose for it but I thought I remember it being standard on Laramie trim. FYI, theyre not power reclining or anything. Just a little handle under the seat you pull.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 21 Laramie has the reclining seats with the level 1 package but the center is still just a fold down cup holder, not a full console. As others mentioned it is just a small recline where the bottom slides forward a little bit. As to the question asked about Laramie vs limited my Laramie was far less than animated and has a higher payload and in my opinion better styling than the limited. These days I have no idea but I snagged a 2021 Laramie lvl1 for 42k after discounts.

sessman

Reaction score
BTW I checked (rarely go back there with my 2 car seats permanently owning the back seat) and mine also has the reclining seats.

sessman

Reaction score
My 21 Laramie has the reclining seats with the level 1 package but the center is still just a fold down cup holder, not a full console. As others mentioned it is just a small recline where the bottom slides forward a little bit. As to the question asked about Laramie vs limited my Laramie was far less than animated and has a higher payload and in my opinion better styling than the limited. These days I have no idea but I snagged a 2021 Laramie lvl1 for 42k after discounts.
Crap, now I have to check the console! :ROFLMAO:

sessman

Reaction score
Personally I disabled mine.
The side mirrors lighting up triangles or whatever they hell it is, is way more distracting then any benefit it gives.

I also have the rear view camera so that along with regular mirror, and the top corner gives me no blind spots

As far as the seats, people need to go to the higher level trims.
I was looking at building a Laramie but then I realized it was the same price for a Limited with the same features.
Is there a reason why so many people get a Laramie vs Limited and then have problems with "missing" features? Is it for lower end Laramies that cost less or something?
I just built a Limited with the same core features (Night Edition, Pano Sunroof, 4x4 etc) and it's about $10k more than I spent ($63k vs $73k).

Users who are viewing this thread