5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear pinion angle

Shmam-20

Reaction score
Got a quick question if anyone has any idea or had this happen to them.

My rear pinion angle just went straight to crap, pushed everything back (suspension etc.) and it cause my drive shaft to blow up.

I did put a performance package on there to help get more power on the low end, but it’s not crazy more of a throttle commander.
I would like to get some ideas just so I can prevent this from happening again

I do take it off-roading but nothing extreme other then some good ole fun in the mud, also car forced me to do a 180 on the highway and I went rear end first into a ditch (this happened 3 months ago before pinion angle bolted on me)

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My rear pinion angle just went straight to crap, pushed everything back (suspension etc.) and it cause my drive shaft to blow up.

Pinion angle doesn't just randomly change. That's like "she turned up pregnant", yeah it's caused by something. Your avatar pic suggests you might have a lift kit on. With no detail to go on I'll just say that kits if not well done can compromise strength and alignment stability. Just guesses - trailing arm relocation brackets bent or popped a bolt out? Bent or broken trailing arm or control arm or through-bolt? Ruptured bushing? 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread