5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear park sensor-camera-and ecu light all stopped working at same time. Any ideas?

TAK

Reaction score
On the road away from any dealer. Here is what happened today. Went to hook up the Airstream ...back up camera was working, ecu light was off and rear parking sensor was off. Hooked up, put in gear. Wanted too see where that big rock was on the front of the truck. Turned on the surround camera . On came a blue screen saying unavailable . Then ecu light came and stayed steady on. After the tow I un-hooked and the ecu light stays on and the rear parking sensor does not turn on, and camera is not available . Any thoughts or ideas? It will be at least a month b4 I get home, And the closest dealer around me says he is booking appointments for end of September. WTH?

TAK

Reaction score
Update...I took the Ram to Auto Zone and had them check what might be the error code. No error code was found. So the only other easy solution was to do a hard reset. I disconnected the ground side of the battery for 20 minuets and guess what everything is a OK. Just like my laptop, need to unplug every so often .

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Glad it worked. Maybe have your battery tested. Bad batteries seem to haunt these trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread