5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Park Assist Not Working

Nachotaco

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the park assist not working but the truck is not providing any warning messages about the system? The truck thinks it's working but doesn't see any obstacles.

My rear park assist recently stopped working on my '22 with 350 miles. It worked for a week and now is not working. And I have cleaned the sensors, so that's not the issue. I took it to the dealer this morning but they didn't know why the system isn't working and they opened a case with Chrysler.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try a soft reset
In ACC or RUN
Push and hold down the tuner and volume knob at the same time and hold them for 30 seconds
Let go of the buttons
Turn to OFF
Open drivers door until dash illumination goes off/black
Close door
Restart vehicle
Let the media center load up and see if the system works now
If it does, do the hokie-pokie and dance all about...Done. ;)
Worth a shot.

Last edited:

Nachotaco

Reaction score
Try a soft reset
In ACC or RUN
Push and hold down the tuner and volume knob at the same time and hold them for 30 seconds
Let go of the buttons
Turn to OFF
Open drivers door until dash illumination goes off/black
Close door
Restart vehicle
Led the media center load up and see if the system works now
If it does, do the hokie-pokie and dance all about...Done. ;)
Worth a shot.
Thanks, what will the soft reset clear? Reset uconnect to factory settings?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Rear Parking Sensors went out about 4 Months ago. I have an Appointment at the Dealer's
Service on Monday. I am taking it in for the Recall on the Trailer Steering/ Camera setup too.
Along with an Engine Hose was not fully installed at the Factory. They Also wanted to do the
PCM Software Update, but GDE did that when I got the Tune Installed.

I will report back on Monday what they found.

Malodave

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, after spending 10 Hours at the Dealer's Service Department Yesterday. My Rear Parking Sensors are working again.
They found a Software Update for them. STAR Case 102062370. Go in for what should have been minor fixes and Stay there all day.

They put me in a Jeep Compass near the end of the day. I could just squeeze into it. I left the Dealer and went to a nearby store. One
of the rear tires was 10 PSI low. So I headed back to the dealer to have them fill the tire and they said they got the truck fixed but needed to
road test it still. It passed and I got my Truck Back. I gave them the Keys for the Kiddie Car they wanted me to drive.

Malodave

Last edited:

Nachotaco

Reaction score
Well, after spending 10 Hours at the Dealer's Service Department Yesterday. My Rear Parking Sensors are working again.
They found a Software Update for them. STAR Case 102062370. Go in for what should have been minor fixes and Stay there all day.

They put me in a Jeep Compass near the end of the day. I could just squeeze into it. I left the Dealer and went to a nearby store. One
of the rear tires was 10 PSI low. So I headed back to the dealer to have them fill the tire and they said they got the truck fixed but needed to
road test it still. It passed and I got my Truck Back. I gave them the Keys for the Kiddie Car they wanted me to drive.

Malodave
Nice, I haven't heard back from my dealer yet. I can ask them about a software update. Will that Star case # direct them to the update?

St-na

Reaction score
It Should.

Malodave
Have You had any fault codes? For me self parking is not working on driver side only, truck just going in reverse, without steering to the parking spot. Dealer will not help me, because this function was not from factory.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have You had any fault codes? For me self parking is not working on driver side only, truck just going in reverse, without steering to the parking spot. Dealer will not help me, because this function was not from factory.
I just got the error on the EVIC screen and the Sensor Switch LED was on. I have not tried to use the Park Assist.

Malodave

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why would you even expect them to fix something not factory installed? Ram isn't going to pay for repair of something you added. If you have them write it up customer pay, I'm sure they will diagnose it.

St-na

Reaction score
Why would you even expect them to fix something not factory installed? Ram isn't going to pay for repair of something you added. If you have them write it up customer pay, I'm sure they will diagnose it.
I never expected them to fix not factory installed items. My truck is still on warranty, I do not want them even to know I have added something.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I never expected them to fix not factory installed items. My truck is still on warranty, I do not want them even to know I have added something.
Adding things doesn't void your warranty, unless it CAUSES a problem. The way you stated it originally, sounded like you tried to get them to fix it under warranty. I used to be a dealership mechanic years ago. Believe me, they don't care.

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
Mine was fuses according to the dealer. Same with rear camera. They were getting ready to install a new camera and the tech checked the fuses , replaced them and all is working.

LeQuack1992

Reaction score
Mine was fuses according to the dealer. Same with rear camera. They were getting ready to install a new camera and the tech checked the fuses , replaced them and all is working.
Which fuse did you have to replace?

Users who are viewing this thread