5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dropped5thgen

Reaction score
I’m hoping someone might have some info for me. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Sport w/4x4. I’m currently on a 3/5 IHC drop. The rear shocks for this kit are terrible in my opinion and I’m looking to upgrade.

I would love to get my hands one some Viking double adjustable shocks but from what I’ve found they don’t have any that fit the 5thgens.

I’ve talked to Matt from moes performance and he hasn’t gotten back to me with any answers.

If I can’t go the Viking route what rear shocks do you all recommend for my truck with the 3/5 drop? I’m running the air lifter helper bags too which help a lot in the rear.

Thanks

1LowTrk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info huge help! Hey don’t want to go lower but do you happen to know the part # of the qa1 strut? Planning on changing shocks and struts with the install. I’ve emailed them and still waiting on a reply.
TD902 or TD903.

The “902’s are a lower ride height than the 903’s but the 903’s give you more height if your on a 4-corner air ride system from factory. If your static, I’d go with the 902’s. I’m on factory bags but I’m still going with 902’s because I’d wish to go lower in the future.

The TD709’s are much shorter and installing them would be different (Stud mount vs. Eyelet) but definitely would work but “Dropped5thGen” is sitting much lower than what your maybe thinking. If that’s your goal, I’m cheering you brother. If your wanting simply -3 inches lower than factory 902’s or 903’s

Attached you’ll see some images of the specs for each shock.

Attachments

• 6FB29D69-495B-4E90-8E54-DA16FDFEC3DA.jpeg
    6FB29D69-495B-4E90-8E54-DA16FDFEC3DA.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 6DF4665D-CB17-46EA-9A5B-48974CC57C84.jpeg
    6DF4665D-CB17-46EA-9A5B-48974CC57C84.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

MistaBain

Reaction score
TD902 or TD903.

The “902’s are a lower ride height than the 903’s but the 903’s give you more height if your on a 4-corner air ride system from factory. If your static, I’d go with the 902’s. I’m on factory bags but I’m still going with 902’s because I’d wish to go lower in the future.

The TD709’s are much shorter and definitely would work but “Dropped5thGen is sitting much lower than what your maybe thinking.

Attached you’ll see some images of the specs for each shock.

Thanks! So there are nothing for the fronts? I am trying not use the factory struts wanting to go qa1 all around.

1LowTrk

Reaction score
Thanks! So there are nothing for the fronts? I am trying not use the factory struts wanting to go qa1 all around.
I just read that you’ve emailed them and didn’t get an answer. I simply called them and spoke to them directly. They will ask you the measure your shock. From there they we’re able to help me choose a shock that would work for my application.

I’ve attached a link & .pdf (in case the site doesn’t work in the future) with the steps on how to measure your current shocks and with that your half way there to find out what exactly you’ll need.

Ph: 952-985-5675
Technical support are open
Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm CST.

Attachments

• How to Measure for QA1 Custom Shocks.pdf
    345.5 KB · Views: 12

MistaBain

Reaction score
I just read that you’ve emailed them and didn’t get an answer. I simply called them and spoke to them directly. They will ask you the measure your shock. From there they we’re able to help me choose a shock that would work for my application.

I’ve attached a link & .pdf (in case the site doesn’t work in the future) with the steps on how to measure your current shocks and with that your half way there to find out what exactly you’ll need.

Ph: 952-985-5675
Technical support are open
Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm CST.

Ok great thanks for all the help

dropped5thgen

Reaction score
Thanks for the info huge help! Hey don’t want to go lower but do you happen to know the part # of the qa1 strut? Planning on changing shocks and struts with the install. I’ve emailed them and still waiting on a reply.
No I’m not sure. I used Maxtrac adjustable lowering struts up front.

Runningback25

Reaction score
Alrighty guys.. I figured I’d update this thread since I’m almost done with the suspension on my truck.

Rear lowering shocks that work for 3/5 or 4/6 lowering kit on the 5thgen will be the QA1 stocker star double adjustable shocks. Part number is TD709. The shocks come with 3/4” eyelets for the bushing but will need the 5/8” eyelets if your using the stock bolts.

So far the truck is sitting at a 4/6 drop.
I originally bought the 3/5 IHC lowering kit then swapped the stock struts to Maxtrac adjustable lowering struts, set at 1” of drop.

The only thing left for me to finish up on the suspension is core4x4 rear lowering sway bar end links, and hellwing sway bar.

Maybe some after market front sway bar end links but I’ve had no luck in finding any for the 5thgens. The stock ones need replacement.

Hope this helps someone out and the truck rides like a Cadillac now!
@dropped5thgen how’s the truck riding? I’m currently on an IHC 3/5 and want to go lower but worry about binding up the front suspension. Side note, what did you end up running for a trac bar and sway bar? I’ve heard spohn is the way to go for trac bar but have heard that there’s issues with clearance for hellwig sway bar. Thanks for the help man

Users who are viewing this thread