5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear lift spring question

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a 20 rebel and 2 weeks ago I added the 5100 struts on level 5 and rough country upper control arms. The truck sits roughly 1/2 and inch high in the front. I really don’t want to take the front end apart to lower the slot to a different slot. I’m willing to replace the spring in the rear and I found the icon 212150 per their site will add .5 lift to a rebel. Has anyone used this spring?

AA1mike

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a 20 rebel and 2 weeks ago I added the 5100 struts on level 5 and rough country upper control arms. The truck sits roughly 1/2 and inch high in the front. I really don’t want to take the front end apart to lower the slot to a different slot. I’m willing to replace the spring in the rear and I found the icon 212150 per their site will add .5 lift to a rebel. Has anyone used this spring?
i did the same changes . minus the rear shocks and sits level. i think. lol
can't measure now i am in the middle of installing pocket flares from bushwacker.
what were your measurements? i do not have air lift as this may be the difference. 1C939950-9759-4E08-B2BF-56F361E22E62_4_5005_c.jpeg

Reaction score
i did the same changes . minus the rear shocks and sits level. i think. lol
can't measure now i am in the middle of installing pocket flares from bushwacker.
what were your measurements? i do not have air lift as this may be the difference. View attachment 96131
I don’t remember the before measurements. No air lift, no ram boxes. I have an undercover tri fold bed cover and usually have a loaded 45 yeti in the bed.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I’d look at a small spacer, 1/2”-3/4”, for the rear before spring replacement.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found some spacers for the rear on eBay. the 1/2" were more expensive then the 1" by double. I would go that route too.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I couldn't find any name brands for the 1/2" spacers. Only ones I found were on eBay.

Not sure how good these are, but they are only spacers. Someone else might chime in and give you other options as well.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I couldn't find any name brands for the 1/2" spacers. Only ones I found were on eBay.

Not sure how good these are, but they are only spacers. Someone else might chime in and give you other options as well.
I bought those and run 1 on the driver side to level out the lean on the truck. Been running it for over 10k miles zero issues.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought those and run 1 on the driver side to level out the lean on the truck. Been running it for over 10k miles zero issues.
Awesome! I ordered a pair to lift the rear of mine a little after my drop springs settle down a little lower then I wanted LOL. Glad they work and are good!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered!! Thank you, I’ll report back once I install
If you've taken coil springs off before it's easy, but if you haven't you'll need a spring compressor. Basically you take the wheel off, unhook sway bar and shock, drop the coil out, compress it, stick it right back in with the spacer. Repeat on the other side.

Reaction score
If you've taken coil springs off before it's easy, but if you haven't you'll need a spring compressor. Basically you take the wheel off, unhook sway bar and shock, drop the coil out, compress it, stick it right back in with the spacer. Repeat on the other side.
I installed the 5100 struts myself so I’ve did a few coil spring installs. Thank you

U

User_21361

For those interested, I spoke with Icon engineering and they said there will be little to no change compared to the Rebel or ORP which is what drove me to the clayton springs (1.5" lift).

I also swapped out my springs without needing a compressor, though it would have made it much easier haha

Reaction score
For those interested, I spoke with Icon engineering and they said there will be little to no change compared to the Rebel or ORP which is what drove me to the clayton springs (1.5" lift).

I also swapped out my springs without needing a compressor, though it would have made it much easier haha
I’ve read up on the claytons, I think I’ll stick with the 5100s up front but I may switch to new springs in the rear if I don’t like the spacer. Did you have the diamond back cover on before you added the new rear springs? I know that’s a heavy cover

U

User_21361

I’ve read up on the claytons, I think I’ll stick with the 5100s up front but I may switch to new springs in the rear if I don’t like the spacer. Did you have the diamond back cover on before you added the new rear springs? I know that’s a heavy cover

I did have the diamondback before. It weights about 100 lbs and built like a tank. I was still tail high when I went to the 5100s (before switching to fox). The issue is that any time I added anything else I was nose high which irritated me

Reaction score
I did have the diamondback before. It weights about 100 lbs and built like a tank. I was still tail high when I went to the 5100s (before switching to fox). The issue is that any time I added anything else I was nose high which irritated me
That can anger anyone

Users who are viewing this thread