5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear lift options?

TDHawks

Reaction score
I currently have the Eibach leveling shocks on the front set at 1.8” for an even level. I can take that up another notch to 2.75” and I’m considering doing it. In doing so, I’ll need something for the rear.

Could I go with a 1 or 1.5” coil spacer or would I be better served with a pair of 1.5” Icon springs?

If I go with the springs, do I need anything else or is it just a swap?

Are the coil spacers fine for the rear?

Would I need new UCA since it’s under a 3” lift?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes on new UCA's even at 2" lift. Check out Carli rear springs as well. Spacer would work too.

mplaramie

Reaction score
I currently have the Eibach leveling shocks on the front set at 1.8” for an even level. I can take that up another notch to 2.75” and I’m considering doing it. In doing so, I’ll need something for the rear.

Could I go with a 1 or 1.5” coil spacer or would I be better served with a pair of 1.5” Icon springs?

I'd stay away from spacers even though people run them and like them. For me, I would change the rear shock and spring to get the extra height. Eibach, Icon, Carli, etc are all good options. I had the Icons on my 23 Ram and they were awesome. Have an extra Icon shock and spring set up in the box if you go that route. To help, I'd give them to any forum member for 50% the retail.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you don't have the ORP you can get those springs for an extra 1" lift that's OEM. If you do already have the ORP and you're looking at going another 1-1.5" you'll most likely need new shocks as they'll already be stretched to their limit with the lift. You could run the OEM shocks, but they'll just wear out faster.

TDHawks

Reaction score
If you don't have the ORP you can get those springs for an extra 1" lift that's OEM. If you do already have the ORP and you're looking at going another 1-1.5" you'll most likely need new shocks as they'll already be stretched to their limit with the lift. You could run the OEM shocks, but they'll just wear out faster.

I do not have the off-road package. If I could get away with putting on a new set of springs without the shocks, I would do that instead of the spacer. I just wasn’t for sure if they were needed together.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Longer springs > spacers imo

Theres also Bilstein B12 springs to add to even more confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would definitely go coils over spacers. If you go spacer, try and get the type that go on top.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you can see the part number tag on your rear spring there is a corresponding ORP spring part number. The list is hard to find, but I know it's been posted on this site

TDHawks

Reaction score
I would definitely go coils over spacers. If you go spacer, try and get the type that go on top.

I think coils are definitely the way to go. I guess my question is, if I go up an inch to an inch and a half, do I need to add shocks or will factory suffice?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would do both either Eibach or Bilsteins support up to 2” of extra travel. Personally I would stick to whatever brand front struts your running. It’s a no brainer since you”ll be in there anyways and shocks are rather cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should use the Eibach rear shocks because they will be valved the same as your fronts. Since your front coils are Eibach you may consider the Eibach rear lift coils since they too would be the same spring rate. But, you'll likely not notice if you went with other coils.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here's the question: are you planning on carrying constant load in your bed?
because if you do, then the spring you will need will be different to account for the weight.

and springs over spacers any day. spacers are mickey mouse.
You can take that up to 2.75" but just know that by doing so you may be limiting the usable suspension travel. Just a FYI.
Springs over spacers any day. Spacers are mickey mouse due to physics.
Just the springs. You might need extended rear sway bar end links.
Please refer answer above.
Technically, no you don't since it's under 3".
Personally I do recommend new UCA just to get that peace of mind. Whether you really need it or not depends on whether your current UCA will touch the front spring at full droop and your ball joint's angle. If the ball joint's maxing out then you need new UCA.

No need to apologize. I'm glad you ask before you go make some uninformed decision!
You are very welcome!

TDHawks

Reaction score
here's the question: are you planning on carrying constant load in your bed?
because if you do, then the spring you will need will be different to account for the weight.

and springs over spacers any day. spacers are mickey mouse.

What an answer. Thank you very much.

I don’t haul anything. The only thing that goes in the back of the truck is my kids sports equipment other than the salt and sandbags I have in there during the winter for extra weight. I noticed with the additional weight I have in there right now, I am squatting a half inch and this is why I was looking at adding some additional height in the back along with raising up the front shocks.

In hindsight, I should’ve just went with a suspension lift from the very beginning, but I didn’t and here I am.

If I were to keep those front shocks at 1.8”, is there any other way to add an additional inch upfront instead of maxing out those shocks at 2.75”? Perhaps ordering a set of ORP springs for the front and the back would work. Keep the front at 1.8” and add the extra inch with the spring.

Thanks again.

You can take that up to 2.75" but just know that by doing so you may be limiting the usable suspension travel. Just a FYI.

Springs over spacers any day. Spacers are mickey mouse due to physics.

Just the springs. You might need extended rear sway bar end links.

Please refer answer above.

Technically, no you don't since it's under 3".
Personally I do recommend new UCA just to get that peace of mind. Whether you really need it or not depends on whether your current UCA will touch the front spring at full droop and your ball joint's angle. If the ball joint's maxing out then you need new UCA.

No need to apologize. I'm glad you ask before you go make some uninformed decision!

You are very welcome!

I don’t haul anything. The only thing that goes in the back of the truck is my kids sports equipment other than the salt and sandbags I have in there during the winter for extra weight. I noticed with the additional weight I have in there right now, I am squatting a half inch and this is why I was looking at adding some additional height in the back along with raising up the front shocks.

In hindsight, I should’ve just went with a suspension lift from the very beginning, but I didn’t and here I am.

Perhaps I could order a set of ORP springs for the front and the rear would work as they are an inch longer. I could keep the front at 1.8” and add the extra inch with the springs and snag some Eibach shocks for the rear and add the ORP’s there as well.

Thanks again.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Perhaps I could order a set of ORP springs for the front and the rear would work as they are an inch longer. I could keep the front at 1.8” and add the extra inch with the springs and snag some Eibach shocks for the rear and add the ORP’s there as well.

Thanks again.
Any time my friend!

DusterJoe

Reaction score
So if I have a 3.5" RC lit kit and I using the RC 3.5 strut/spring combo and want to lift the rear. Instead of using the spacer plate cause I want to use helped bags what do you all suggest?

Thanks,

DusterJoe

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So if I have a 3.5" RC lit kit and I using the RC 3.5 strut/spring combo and want to lift the rear. Instead of using the spacer plate cause I want to use helped bags what do you all suggest?

Thanks,

DusterJoe
check with major spring companies to see if they have anything that fits your bill.
most companies that I trust/ use are all offroad performance orientated so they don't really do anything over 3". That said, I know Dobinson MAY have something you are looking for. If you only need 2.5" lift then I'd say go with Ironman 4x4 rear springs but... they top out at 2.5"

Users who are viewing this thread