5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear lift options

Jeansebplante

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have ordered Fox coilovers for my rebel as well as RC UCAs. I would like to lift the rear some more to keep some rake. What are my options besides Clayton springs? Thanks!

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
1.5” spacers. Claytons will allow you to carry more weight with less sag compared to your ORPs though and been triple rate you won’t feel any harshness when not loaded.
I guess you could also do air bags with your current ORPs.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which Claytons are you looking at? (I'm new to lifting Rams: Clayton's website is very much Jeep-specific. No Rams listed.)

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Went with Calytons. I’ll keep you posted! 👍
I haven't seen anybody around with those complaint yet about coil spring slap. This happens when the softer portion on the progressive coils can be too close to each other and hit each other making a clack sound as the vehicle hits a bump. I've had that situation with Icon 1.5" springs and with the Claytons as well. My truck runs heavy in the back at all times (500lbs of weight in the bed, recovery gear, steel bumper, swing out rear gate carrier, Full spare, etc etc), and when travelling i tend to add more weight in there as well. Our travel may inlvolve miles of washboard roads, sugarish sand washes or mountain dirt roads with rocks etc, so i need a suspension able to whistand that stuff and coils that can carry weight but also coils that feel nice when the truck bed is not loaded to the roof :)
2020-07-21_04-46-31 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Because of this the soft portion of the coils may hit each other if you get to experience the clack noise, you'll see the marks on the springs if that was the case. If you hear some noise and it happens to bother you all you need to do is add some sort of coil spring insulator.

You can buy for example Eibach spring insulators, eibach CS5002L, 1 per coil
2021-02-26_01-36-27 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Then cut 3 or 4 pieces and fit them in there as needed. the sleeves come with a glue inside so make sure to fit your pieces where you want them the first time, i tried to push thaat first SOB at the top towards the inside and it won't move. I can remove it and fit another piece but i'm not that anal haha.
2021-02-26_01-36-51 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread