5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear lift options

Bpiet378

Reaction score
I’m trying to decide between rear Bilsteins, small spacer or the 1.5” Icon springs. If anyone is using the Icon springs how’s the ride compared to stock? I’m being told by some guys Bilsteins won’t lift it an inch and others say it will so what’s the final word on those too?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m trying to decide between rear Bilsteins, small spacer or the 1.5” Icon springs. If anyone is using the Icon springs how’s the ride compared to stock? I’m being told by some guys Bilsteins won’t lift it an inch and others say it will so what’s the final word on those too?

Rear Bilsteins will not add any lift, but they’ll allow you to add 1” of lift without damaging the shock. You’d need a 1” taller spring or spacer to get the 1” lift along with the Bilstein shocks.

Bpiet378

Reaction score
Rear Bilsteins will not add any lift, but they’ll allow you to add 1” of lift without damaging the shock. You’d need a 1” taller spring or spacer to get the 1” lift along with the Bilstein shocks.
So would I be able to use Icon 1.5” springs with bilstein 5100 shocks? So I can’t use stock shocks with the Icon springs? Can you not run stock shocks with the spacer either then?

Last edited:

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I talked with Bilstein on this last week. The 5100s will allow 1” lift over a ORP Ram, which is already 1” higher than normal. If the Icon springs are 1.5” taller than regular non-ORP, you’d be fine with the 5100s.

I can’t speak to the stock shocks. Have no idea how well they play with lift springs. Icon would probably be able to tell you.

Bpiet378

Reaction score
@Eltaco Okay maybe I’ll toss Bilsteins and Icon on then. ORP as in Rebel or? Opinions on Icon vs Tuftruck?

Last edited:

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Eltaco Okay maybe I’ll toss Bilsteins and Icon on then. ORP as in Rebel or? Opinions on Icon vs Tuftruck?

Rebel and ORP (off-road package) share the same taller springs to achieve 1” height over a normal Ram. If you don’t have ORP or a Rebel, you have “normal” springs.

I don’t know much about either, honestly. You’ll probably find what you’re looking for by searching around tho. That said, rarely will you see two options compared. Usually, once someone puts a lift on, they don’t remove and install another on the same vehicle to receive an actual A to B comparison.

I know most here are just doing spacers along with the stock springs.

I went Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners, and lifted my front 1.5” on the #4 clip setting to set my truck level. If you’re going 1.5” higher with Icon spring in the rear, you’re going to have to lift the front quite a bit to level, if that’s your goal. To do so, you may want to consider what that’s going to cost, as you’re probably looking at 3-3.5” front lift to achieve it. That may involve upper control arms to correct the ball joint angle, for example, and a stiffer setup than you want.

Here’s my setup
8c359b534c75aa688f96823921aae85a.jpg

Bpiet378

Reaction score
Rebel and ORP (off-road package) share the same taller springs to achieve 1” height over a normal Ram. If you don’t have ORP or a Rebel, you have “normal” springs.

I don’t know much about either, honestly. You’ll probably find what you’re looking for by searching around tho. That said, rarely will you see two options compared. Usually, once someone puts a lift on, they don’t remove and install another on the same vehicle to receive an actual A to B comparison.

I went Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners, and lifted my front 1.5” on the #4 clip setting to set my truck level. If you’re going 1.5” higher with Icon spring in the rear, you’re going to have to lift the front quite a bit to level, if that’s your goal. To do so, you may want to consider what that’s going to cost, as you’re probably looking at 3-3.5” front lift to achieve it. That may involve upper control arms to correct the ball joint angle, for example, and a stiffer setup than you want.

Here’s my setup
Gotcha. No I was thinking to raise the back after the front Bilsteins to keep a rake. Thanks for the options though. I’ve been trying to find posts on here about people replacing their springs but I can’t find much on Icons or Tuftruck stuff.

Truckguy

Reaction score

Here’s my setup
Does your truck have the ORP springs or “normal” springs?

U

User_21361

Did you end up getting the icons?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotcha. No I was thinking to raise the back after the front Bilsteins to keep a rake. Thanks for the options though. I’ve been trying to find posts on here about people replacing their springs but I can’t find much on Icons or Tuftruck stuff.

I'm watching this thread and ones like it.
I'm thinking about moving to 34.3in "skinny" (~11in instead of in the 12.5in range) tires at some point.
I do not want a level truck, I would like some rake mainly for payload reasons.

I was thinking ~1.5in front and back might be all that's needed to clear a set of 34.3s and maintain the rake

ljndralec

Reaction score
did you end up getting the icon 1.5 rear springs? im about to buy them thinking about it im trying to get better ride quality

U

User_21361

did you end up getting the icon 1.5 rear springs? im about to buy them thinking about it im trying to get better ride quality
Haha I'm in the exact same boat.... I can't find any info on the springs. I'm planning to call icon on Tuesday to get their spring rates and @ what height the spring rate changes.

Does anyone know the spring rate on the stock rebel/orp springs?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
any follow up on this?

I have a 21 Laramie 1500 non ORP 4wd.

I believe I am going with Bilstein 5100's up front and Icon 1.5 springs in the back. Anyone running this? or think its a problem?

I should sit like a leveled ORP at the end. I also dont mind a rake. I actually prefer it

U

User_21361

any follow up on this?

I have a 21 Laramie 1500 non ORP 4wd.

I believe I am going with Bilstein 5100's up front and Icon 1.5 springs in the back. Anyone running this? or think its a problem?

I should sit like a leveled ORP at the end. I also dont mind a rake. I actually prefer it

This is what I went for. The icon springs should work fine, but weren’t tall enough for my applications. They are will provide the same height as the ORP springs.

Clayton Offroad 2.5" Jeep Gladiator Springs on 2020 Rebel

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
This is what I went for. The icon springs should work fine, but weren’t tall enough for my applications. They are will provide the same height as the ORP springs.

Clayton Offroad 2.5" Jeep Gladiator Springs on 2020 Rebel
would you get icon over the Bilstein version?

R.Duff

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online