5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear lift only

JBeckman

Reaction score
The more I look at my truck, it still looks a little high in the front. I have RC pre load spacers and mopar UCA.
My current measurement shows about 1/4" rake.
What do you guys suggest for 1" of rear lift? I've looked and cannot find anything for the 19's unless I buy a whole kit. Thoughts?

chino

Reaction score
The more I look at my truck, it still looks a little high in the front. I have RC pre load spacers and mopar UCA.
What do you guys suggest for 1" of rear lift? I've looked and cannot find anything for the 19's unless I buy a whole kit. Thoughts?

Th

I tried to find the thread but I can’t seem to find it, someone here added the 3.5 RC lift and felt the rear was too low so they added OEM rear springs from a truck with the OFF-ROAD package and that gave them an extra “1 of lift in the rear. I’m thinking about doing the same

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Mopar kit lists part numbers for the rearspacers. Maybe a dealer can get them.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Th

I tried to find the thread but I can’t seem to find it, someone here added the 3.5 RC lift and felt the rear was too low so they added OEM rear springs from a truck with the OFF-ROAD package and that gave them an extra “1 of lift in the rear. I’m thinking about doing the same
I currently have the ORP.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Doing some quick searching, I believe those spacers from the mopar kit is 2". I'm really looking for a 1". So it's not as high as factory was.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doing some quick searching, I believe those spacers from the mopar kit is 2". I'm really looking for a 1". So it's not as high as factory was.

Not sure but I think your ORP has longer strut or 1" spacer so if you get Mopar rear spacer and possibly strut, you will have a net gain of 1". Lose 1" from ORP setup and then add 2" from Mopar kit. Depends if your ORP uses a 1" spacer or longer strut. Maybe take a peek and see if there is a spacer or not.

Last edited:

JBeckman

Reaction score
Not sure but I think your ORP has longer strut or 1" spacer so if you get Mopar rear spacer and possibly strut, you will have a net gain of 1". Lose 1" from ORP setup and then add 2" from Mopar kit. Depends if your ORP uses a 1" spacer or longer strut. Maybe take a peek and see if there is a spacer or not.
Good call. I will have to climb under and see what I have going on.

Hahny

Reaction score
I was the one that added the off road springs to the back of my truck with the rough country kit. There is no factory spacer in back for the off-road, just a longer springs. I think the rough country 3.5 kit rear spacer is only a inch, maybe they would sell you one! I attached pictures of my truck of before and after the rear spring swap

Attachments

• E114047B-783F-4501-B550-B1AB99B0521A.jpeg
    E114047B-783F-4501-B550-B1AB99B0521A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 265
  • 00C7B613-004A-4CA4-8D75-D0E6019DFF45.jpeg
    00C7B613-004A-4CA4-8D75-D0E6019DFF45.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 255

Lawdog

Reaction score
I have a set of rear spacers and the bump stop extensions from a RL Kit that Im not using Brand New.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I was the one that added the off road springs to the back of my truck with the rough country kit. There is no factory spacer in back for the off-road, just a longer springs. I think the rough country 3.5 kit rear spacer is only a inch, maybe they would sell you one! I attached pictures of my truck of before and after the rear spring swap

That looks great! That's about the amount of rake I'm looking for. I'll shoot them a email and see if they will sell just the tears.

chino

Reaction score
Would you happen to know the part number or ordering info for the springs? I have the same lift kit as you and I also would like to bring the back a little higher

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Greetings Hauny, I am resurrecting your October post! I too have the RC 3 1/2” lift and like it and have had no problems, however, like you I would like more rake to the truck. The front is too high for me or the rear too low, however you want to say it. I do not have the ORG. You are correct in that the RC lift is a 1” block on top of the rear coils. I have found a simple WULF lift which includes 3” spacers for the front struts (which I do not need) and 2” blocks for the rear. I thought about purchasing this and swapping out the 1” RC block for the 2” WULF block for the rear, hoping the WULF is a true 2”. The kit is $192usd. I see you went with a ORG spring swap. My question is how do you like it and what was the cost and availability of getting ORG rear springs? I like the way your truck’s rake is and is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for any help!

Hahny

Reaction score
Greetings Hauny, I am resurrecting your October post! I too have the RC 3 1/2” lift and like it and have had no problems, however, like you I would like more rake to the truck. The front is too high for me or the rear too low, however you want to say it. I do not have the ORG. You are correct in that the RC lift is a 1” block on top of the rear coils. I have found a simple WULF lift which includes 3” spacers for the front struts (which I do not need) and 2” blocks for the rear. I thought about purchasing this and swapping out the 1” RC block for the 2” WULF block for the rear, hoping the WULF is a true 2”. The kit is $192usd. I see you went with a ORG spring swap. My question is how do you like it and what was the cost and availability of getting ORG rear springs? I like the way your truck’s rake is and is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for any help!
So far everything has been good since the swap! I work at the dealer so I get pretty good pricing on parts but I think I have $220 in the pair! I was surprised with how many spring configurations there must be, every vin I gave him for trucks with the off-road package came up with a different part number. So in my search I was able to find a twin equipped truck to mine, just with the off-road group and used that vin to order the parts! Hope this helps

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far everything has been good since the swap! I work at the dealer so I get pretty good pricing on parts but I think I have $220 in the pair! I was surprised with how many spring configurations there must be, every vin I gave him for trucks with the off-road package came up with a different part number. So in my search I was able to find a twin equipped truck to mine, just with the off-road group and used that vin to order the parts! Hope this helps
Thank you, this does help! That is very clever how you did that. I will see what I can do!(y)

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My question is do you adjust the track bar angle with the rear lift with a track bar bracket? The mopar and other lifts I think come with the bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread