5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rear HK tweeter removal

Skywalkerhild

Reaction score
Hello Ram people. I am working thru installing an aftermarket stereo in my 2021 Limited that has the Harman Kardon upgraded speakers. I am having issues removing the grills on the head rest for the rear tweeters. I am assuming that you just need to use a panel pry tool and pull but I don't want to damage anything so I am asking.

Does anyone know for sure that you just pry and pull off the grill to replace the tweeter? Or is there another way?

pictures?

Thanks,
Ryan

braggster

Reaction score
Yes like Ramtrx said. They are a pain to get off. Once you get a finger under a corner just keep applying pressure until it snaps off.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you will not hear any difference on replacing those speakers. they are just rear fill

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Large plastic pry tool to spread out the force and avoid denting the fiberboard headliner. Takes a lot of force, but it does pop out.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
you will not hear any difference on replacing those speakers. they are just rear fill
This is wrong. If you install a complete stereo properly and tune it right these speakers do a ton. My truck is amazing after my stereo install. All speakers and wiring.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is wrong. If you install a complete stereo properly and tune it right these speakers do a ton. My truck is amazing after my stereo install. All speakers and wiring.
if your up front how your going to hear the roof speakers? they will be over power by the rest(IMHO).dont want to have a "FlamingWar"about this or cause any "Disrepect"towards you or your thoughts or opinion.those/these are just mind"IMHO".hope this will not cause hostility.between us here or our thoughts/Opinion.its why i keep using "IMHO","IMHO"👍😁😇

Ramtrx

Reaction score
if your up front how your going to hear the roof speakers? they will be over power by the rest(IMHO).dont want to have a "FlamingWar"about this or cause any "Disrepect"towards you or your thoughts or opinion.those/these are just mind"IMHO".hope this will not cause hostility.between us here or our thoughts/Opinion.its why i keep using "IMHO","IMHO"👍😁😇
Not sure what anything you said. I’m expressing my view point as I’ve done this. And it sounds amazing. I had the 6 speaker setup in my 2013. Without a doubt the 9 speakers give way more range and sound. If you don’t want an argument don’t comment, I could care less what anyone thinks. Again it’s my opinion. Ppl who argue online are sad and a waste of time lol.

Users who are viewing this thread