5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear heated/ventilated seats

Fatnipples

Reaction score
Do all three rear seats have heat/ventilation? There are only two switches.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like the Limited trim comes with vented seats optional, and I can’t find it specifically, but I assume heated rear seats are standard or optional with Limited, as well.

Can anyone with a limited trim confirm? I’d be curious to see pictures of the controls, whether they’re in the rear or just a feature update to the 11” display.

Also curious, if I installed the components, do I need a dealer to add the configuration to my vehicle? This would be a worthwhile change for my rear passengers.

maddog49

Reaction score
As far as I know at least in 2019 heated and cooled and reclining seats. All controlled by rear controls not through the display. They all work really well

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
Hi
limited trim heated rear seats are standard
.. and vented rear seats is optional.

Just the outboard seats.. Not the middle seat
the controls in the rear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200522-073255_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200522-073255_Samsung Internet.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 197

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the info!

I’m actually quite glad the controls are on the rear. There’s a good chance that’s plug and play if I were to purchase the OEM parts. It looks like I have the knock-out panels in place on my Laramie.

I’ll have to do some research into the factory part numbers.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There's no reason you couldn't add that to your Laramie. Your options are only limited by your budget and imagination. I've thought about looking into that for my Laramie too, but then I figured that I've already spent more for a truck to make passengers more comfortable by going with a crew cab instead of a quad cab. I'm not spending any more for heated/ventilated seats too. Color me selfish. :p

jaybretzke

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what was needed. I kinda want to do this aswell.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Limited with heated rears only.... honestly I feel it's a pretty useless option to have in the rear. How many times do you really need to worry about someone in the back seat needing their butt heated or cooled. To me the best climate option is the heated steering wheel. What a pleasure!

Last edited:

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Limited with heated rears only.... honestly I feel it's a pretty useless option to have in the rear. How many times do you really need to worry about someone in the back seat needing their butt heated or cooled. To me the best climate option is the heated steering wheel. What a pleasure!

Well, if you have family with 2 small kids and they drive alot with me in the car, i for sure want my kids feel comfy in the back.

Longhorn with heated and ventilated seats.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, if you have family with 2 small kids and they drive alot with me in the car, i for sure want my kids feel comfy in the back.

Longhorn with heated and ventilated seats.
ha ha ..I hear you, they do serve a purpose....

Reaction score

I’m actually quite glad the controls are on the rear. There’s a good chance that’s plug and play if I were to purchase the OEM parts. It looks like I have the knock-out panels in place on my Laramie.

Did you ever look into this? I have the knockout panels as well. But not sure if this is prewired or not

Did you ever research this and figure out if you can just plug and play?

cnsc74

Reaction score
Just purchased my new 2021 Laramie pretty well loaded out with the Laramie Level B equipment group, Customer Preferred package 27H, & added the electric side steps (to make it easier for wife to get in). It already has the heated rear seats so I'm assuming all the wiring harness, needed for the ventilated rear seats, has been installed. With that in mind, I'm thinking I would only need the additional parts related only for the ventilated requirements, i.e.; switches, ventilation bags, ventilation blower, etc. Does this sound about right?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just purchased my new 2021 Laramie pretty well loaded out with the Laramie Level B equipment group, Customer Preferred package 27H, & added the electric side steps (to make it easier for wife to get in). It already has the heated rear seats so I'm assuming all the wiring harness, needed for the ventilated rear seats, has been installed. With that in mind, I'm thinking I would only need the additional parts related only for the ventilated requirements, i.e.; switches, ventilation bags, ventilation blower, etc. Does this sound about right?
The first step would be to search mopar parts illustrations and compare part numbers. It would be really cool if what you mentioned is all you need.

Users who are viewing this thread