5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear ended sagging (2019 Rebel)

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also have an RSI in the back and recently installed the Carli Performance kit. I'm 1.5" low in the rear...ouch. It looks terrible and am also considering new springs and don't want to wait for Carli to come out with theirs. Maybe spacers in the interim??
Didn't your Carli kit come with new rear springs? Spacers would be an easy route to go.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the Timbren Suspension Enhancement System kit, they are designed to keep the vehicle level at all times and prevent roll and sway.

I have been pleased with the performance and ease of installation.

TimbrenSES_Installed.png

805myth1

Reaction score
I’ve got an RSI Smartcap and a Decked system on my Rebel - and the rear end has begun to sag visibly. Then I tow a 4000 pound travel trailer and it really has a nasty looking sag. I know everyone and their brother uses lifts and such but I was warned that it effects the smooth ride of the vehicle. I also keep the tires inflated to original specs 55psi in the front and 45 psi in the rear (I assume that is for comfort of ride? It’s always been a weird idea to me to have different psi front vs rear...but anyway!) So maybe a newbie question - but how can I beef up the suspension or add a level so that the truck doesn’t lean backwards? When it was new it had a nice forward slope, now it’s got a backwards lean. Does it need to be lifted or leveled? I don’t know anything about suspension or mods so forgive the newbie question.
I have been looking at some of these HD springs for my truck, since I’m usually hauling material. But I have yet to pull the trigger, so idk if it will actually work.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my airbags because I can adjust them depending on weight in the bed, but if you're regularly hauling something (cap plus gear) then I'd go with something a little more substantial like springs, lift, or the progressive bump stops.

If you're constantly adjusting due to load airbags are the way to go. My truck is level no matter what weight I have in it, whether it's 500 pounds one day, 1800 pounds the next, or anywhere in between.

vandersnoot

Reaction score
Didn't your Carli kit come with new rear springs? Spacers would be an easy route to go.
Sure does, but the progressive rate doesn’t mesh with the Rebel I guess. Carli released a statement regarding the rear stance on their website (for the Rebel) and will be releasing Rebel specific springs, along with”HD” springs in the relatively near future.

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure does, but the progressive rate doesn’t mesh with the Rebel I guess. Carli released a statement regarding the droop on their website (for the Rebel) and will be releasing Rebel specific springs, along with”HD” springs in the relatively near future.
Ah ok that's good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread