5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear ended sagging (2019 Rebel)

Rscimagery

Reaction score
I’ve got an RSI Smartcap and a Decked system on my Rebel - and the rear end has begun to sag visibly. Then I tow a 4000 pound travel trailer and it really has a nasty looking sag. I know everyone and their brother uses lifts and such but I was warned that it effects the smooth ride of the vehicle. I also keep the tires inflated to original specs 55psi in the front and 45 psi in the rear (I assume that is for comfort of ride? It’s always been a weird idea to me to have different psi front vs rear...but anyway!) So maybe a newbie question - but how can I beef up the suspension or add a level so that the truck doesn’t lean backwards? When it was new it had a nice forward slope, now it’s got a backwards lean. Does it need to be lifted or leveled? I don’t know anything about suspension or mods so forgive the newbie question.

Attachments

• 618309E3-0879-41A1-9044-96DABD8EDE15.jpeg
    618309E3-0879-41A1-9044-96DABD8EDE15.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 205

Rscimagery

Reaction score
Saggy bottoms. There is a bunch of gear including a generator in the rear. 594E00D3-6C9D-4F9D-B3FB-047B5F7C2E44.jpeg 39943914-99D4-4BAA-86C6-1029FF7148A3.jpeg

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
If it sags too much before the trailer, I would look into a new rear coil with a higher spring rate. The other option is to air bag it. While they worked as advertised, I personally found the air bags on my previous pick up to be a bit bouncy when inflated.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can use rear spring spacers like motofab offers to put under your springs. You can use up to 2 inch and use your stock shocks. I used 1 inch spacers on mine, but I’m going to order a 22 year model and I might use their 1.5 inch spacers.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could try running a set of Falcon Terraflex shocks.
Check out the payload knob.

You can run it in the "stock" setting to preserve rake, but, as the rear end starts to dip, depending on the load you have? You can dial up the rear shocks. This would prevent it from "porpoise-ing" under load.
Would it prevent sag completely? Not really, BUT the load control at least in my experience (just payloads no towing yet) is very good.

The ULTIMATE setup for rear send sag and all?
Perhaps it's falcon shocks with additional airbags, utilizing both systems.

Attachments

• LogHauling3.png
    LogHauling3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • LogHauling4.png
    LogHauling4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
  • FalconSettingsSticker.png
    FalconSettingsSticker.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
  • FalconTeraflex.png
    FalconTeraflex.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 131

Rscimagery

Reaction score
You could try running a set of Falcon Terraflex shocks.
Check out the payload knob.

You can run it in the "stock" setting to preserve rake, but, as the rear end starts to dip, depending on the load you have? You can dial up the rear shocks. This would prevent it from "porpoise-ing" under load.
Would it prevent sag completely? Not really, BUT the load control at least in my experience (just payloads no towing yet) is very good.

The ULTIMATE setup for rear send sag and all?
Perhaps it's falcon shocks with additional airbags, utilizing both systems.
Well that is interesting....

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that is interesting....

For more info, pictures and opinions?
Here's the teraflex falcon thread we've got going:

350TX

Reaction score
I have the RSI SmartCap as well and had the same issue especially when loaded down with gear. In the interim I fitted some Timbergrove air bags to level out the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.Duff

Reaction score

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably a set of coil springs and those falcon rear shock would work wonders.

I don't tow, but I do go off the grid camping with a pile of stuff so I did order heavier rear coils from dobinsons. the give a 2 inch lift with a heavier rate.

Or you could go with Clayton 2.5 coil springs or maybe those tuff coil springs https://www.tuftruck.com/products-results/?part_make=7&part_model=117&part_year=128
That's interesting that Dobinson is making RAM components. They reportedly make really stout stuff for the Australian market. Good find.

R.Duff

Reaction score
That's interesting that Dobinson is making RAM components. They reportedly make really stout stuff for the Australian market. Good find.
Yeah , my aussie cousin told me about them, never heard of them before, and a local 4x4 shop here sells them for all the Toyotas etc so thought I'd order up a set and see how they go.

Robalo2718

Reaction score
Yeah , my aussie cousin told me about them, never heard of them before, and a local 4x4 shop here sells them for all the Toyotas etc so thought I'd order up a set and see how they go.
Did you end up putting in those Dobinsons? If so, what are your thoughts? Do they handle/eliminate the sag? How is the ride quality? Thanks.

R.Duff

Reaction score
Did you end up putting in those Dobinsons? If so, what are your thoughts? Do they handle/eliminate the sag? How is the ride quality? Thanks.
Haven't put them in yet, was waiting for my 6112s/5160s to show up. I'll chuck them in soon and get back to ya.

R.Duff

Reaction score
Got those Dobinsons coil and 5160s in today.

few choice words and a spring compressor got them in at one of works pump stations since it's flat ground 🤣,

so far the rides waaay smoother, seems more planted, only went to the beer store after so haven't gone far. But I'll let ya know
20210906_145404.jpg 20210906_182756.jpg 20210906_175654.jpg 20210906_175704.jpg 20210906_182923.jpg

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got those Dobinsons coil and 5160s in today.

few choice words and a spring compressor got them in at one of works pump stations since it's flat ground 🤣,

so far the rides waaay smoother, seems more planted, only went to the beer store after so haven't gone far. But I'll let ya know
View attachment 104817 View attachment 104818 View attachment 104819 View attachment 104820 View attachment 104821
Looking good and man that color is nice too! How much did they run you and how much lift? Every time I look at my truck I feel like it's still too low for a truck and needs to go higher lol

R.Duff

Reaction score
Looking good and man that color is nice too! How much did they run you and how much lift? Every time I look at my truck I feel like it's still too low for a truck and needs to go higher lol
They where about $350 canadian with shipping and such through a local shop in Vancouver, but there is a place in Flordia that is the distributor, ther are $220 us.

I got 2 inches on the dot with mine, definitely a improvement also with the shocks.

Robalo2718

Reaction score

vandersnoot

Reaction score
I also have an RSI in the back and recently installed the Carli Performance kit. I'm 1.5" low in the rear...ouch. It looks terrible and am also considering new springs and don't want to wait for Carli to come out with theirs. Maybe spacers in the interim??

Users who are viewing this thread