5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear end choices

Boston

Reaction score
I was thinking that most dealers got 3.55 rear end with the 3.6....But one locally has gone for the 3.21 or forgotten to hit the 3.55 button...

Surely that has to be the runt combination of the litter.....

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking that most dealers got 3.55 rear end with the 3.6....But one locally has gone for the 3.21 or forgotten to hit the 3.55 button...

Surely that has to be the runt combination of the litter.....
Hope it has one of those fancy factory holes cut in the floor as someone will be driving that baby Fred Flintstone style! :)

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends. If it’s a lower trim level,4x2,quad cab, mostly driven in flat areas, not towing anything heavy…yeh it will be ok. Ask me how I know.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends. If it’s a lower trim level,4x2,quad cab, mostly driven in flat areas, not towing anything heavy…yeh it will be ok. Ask me how I know.
Agree. We had a Laramie with the 3.6 and 3.21 in the extended family. This was back three years ago. I was commuting into Houston with family members. All I recall was the tranny continuously downshifting as we are going over the overpasses…thought it was a beautiful truck for flatlanders but going over the Rockies may take some effort and a couple of stops to let it catch its breath.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Mine shows the v-6 and 3.21 combo. Does ok for the michigan terrain that I frequent, but I'm a sucker for a lower gear ratio, and wish I had the 3.55

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine shows the v-6 and 3.21 combo. Does ok for the michigan terrain that I frequent, but I'm a sucker for a lower gear ratio, and wish I had the 3.55

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Please don't get me wrong as there is nothing wrong with the V-6 and 3.21 combo. We were using it as a commuter as it got fantastic mileage. The only thing I noticed was the 8-speed dropping a gear when going over overpasses but that tranny is bullet proof. It's a great package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online