5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear drop shocks

Rcman292

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Sport with a 4" Maxtrac lowering kit in the rear. The shocks with the kit are complete trash. Looking for another option like a belltech street performance. Anyone know of something that will mount and actually function as a shock should?

dropped5thgen

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Sport with a 4" Maxtrac lowering kit in the rear. The shocks with the kit are complete trash. Looking for another option like a belltech street performance. Anyone know of something that will mount and actually function as a shock should?
I’m in the same boat as you lol. I have a 19 sport on a 3/5 IHC drop and not much luck for rear shocks for the lowered 5th gens as I understand. Guys running the 2/4 drop can run bilstien 5100 series off a ranger. Part #24-185684

NickB

Reaction score
I've got a 2022 Laramie 2WD and I'm considering a Timber Grove CRM leveling kit. I spoke with the manufacture and he told me it will drop the back 4" and remove the rake while still giving me the ability to control the load. Curious about some of your opinions on this?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lowering it 4in in the rear will squat the truck if you leave the front alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a 2022 Laramie 2WD and I'm considering a Timber Grove CRM leveling kit. I spoke with the manufacture and he told me it will drop the back 4" and remove the rake while still giving me the ability to control the load. Curious about some of your opinions on this?
I’ve been considering the same thing. 4” Low Timber Grove CRM’s in the rear and some 2” lowering kit in the front. I’d just like to find someone else who has done it. That’s a lot of money to experiment. I have to be able to tow and use the bed. But, I really want to go lower.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been considering the same thing. 4” Low Timber Grove CRM’s in the rear and some 2” lowering kit in the front. I’d just like to find someone else who has done it. That’s a lot of money to experiment. I have to be able to tow and use the bed. But, I really want to go lower.
Just looking at Timber Grove. I like the idea of airbags instead of the coils. I want my truck lower, but I need to haul my travel trailer so this would help. However, I don't think I'd get out of my driveway with my trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread