5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear doors flimsy / flap when shutting?

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone confirm whether or not they door panels are secure across the bottom? I noticed the same type noise when I close all doors but one, and the one that doesn’t, is secure across the bottom.

Basically, can you put your hand in the door pocket and pull it out some? I took a picture of mine. It pulls out with ease and is just loose/flappy.
There should be 5 pins along the bottom of the panel that snap into place and hold the panel very tight to the inner door. Judging by the picture, yours are not seated. When they seat they will make a very audible popping noise.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My driver side rear door sounded flimsy (almost like a rattle) when I closed it. I thought it was the pressure relief vents at first; but it was just a different sound. The sound my door made was like kicking a tin can. I finally got to looking at it this past weekend while trying to adjust my door gaps. When I went to adjust the latch on the rear door; the screws were just hand tight. I adjusted the latch inwards (by knocking it in with a brass bar), held it in, and tightened it down very securely. Guess what? The door makes a nice solid thud when I close it now...no more tin can sound.

Users who are viewing this thread