5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Door Locks

Ickabod

Reaction score
I just noticed that my rear doors will not unlock when you pull the inside handle. And yes, I have made sure that the child safety lock is not engaged. Anyone have a similar issue?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had one occasion when my passenger in the left rear couldn't open the door but it opened from the outside. I cycled the childproof lock to check it wasn't engaged and it hasn't happened since. I've had rear passengers daily since and it is working fine now.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had one occasion when my passenger in the left rear couldn't open the door but it opened from the outside. I cycled the childproof lock to check it wasn't engaged and it hasn't happened since. I've had rear passengers daily since and it is working fine now.

This is how it worked on both of my 4th gen Rams. It also explains why the inside lock pulls on the 2019 rear doors are extended so far out of the door panel as it enables the rear passenger to unlock the door from the inside independently from the driver's controls.

Just tried it.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 001991 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread