5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Door Interior Trim and Sweep

BlueMoose

Reaction score
2020 Lone Star Crew Cab question.

I have a dog who loves standing with her front paws on the sill of the window so she can stick her nose out. But she's older and she slips because the trim is slick.

I want to build/sew something that will insert into the space between the door trim panel and the window sweep to drape over the sill and to provide purchase for her paws.

It looks like I should be able to pull the top of the trim off the clips a bit (as though I was replacing the sweep) and fit something in there that will drape down, but before I go messing with it I wanted to ask y'all for your insights. 😀

I've looked at the door protectors available from Kurgo, etc, but I'm put off by the reviews that the protectors slide out when you put the window up, and some reports of scratches on the window from the plastic tabs. I'm also trying to avoid using adhesive on the door trim to glue something into place - Texas heat can be unkind to adhesives.

Appreciate any ideas or cautions!

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went another route because I could foresee the Kurgo guards scratching my ceramic tint with the plastic clips. Instead, I purchased a chunk of pink insulation bird, cut it to match the floor behind my seat, tripled it up, used regular old packing tape to keep them together and put a cover over it to give my dog something to stand on with his front paws. I didn’t make it large enough for him to get all four paws on otherwise he may still try to use the sill for his front paws. It works well as he can see out without a problem.

Attachments

• FD64EE5D-359C-4E20-8AD0-2C9A1ECED762.jpeg
    FD64EE5D-359C-4E20-8AD0-2C9A1ECED762.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 25
  • AC4F34DE-FF2B-4458-B359-79BF36136A2B.jpeg
    AC4F34DE-FF2B-4458-B359-79BF36136A2B.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread