5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear defroster not working

Zacritz929

Reaction score
Just noticed on my 2019 ram that only the driver side window is defrosting.. The connections to the center slider and passenger window are both in place and don't appear lose. I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar issue and what I should check

U

User_76295

Had this happen after getting my rear window replaced. Turns out they didn't plug in one side of the defroster.

I'd say take it in and have them check it out

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Damion

Reaction score
The wire connections to the glass on these trucks is garbage! Ive had to fix mine twice already, and noticed the other morning the pass side of the rear glass is not defrosting, so ill have to take the rear seat out again and fix it.

Basically there's little " buttons " that are attached to the defrost grid, and the wires snap onto these buttons. The issue is these buttons come off of the grid. Normally these can be re soldered fairly easily but not on these trucks

Zacritz929

Reaction score
The wire connections to the glass on these trucks is garbage! Ive had to fix mine twice already, and noticed the other morning the pass side of the rear glass is not defrosting, so ill have to take the rear seat out again and fix it.

Basically there's little " buttons " that are attached to the defrost grid, and the wires snap onto these buttons. The issue is these buttons come off of the grid. Normally these can be re soldered fairly easily but not on these trucks
Both of the "buttons" on mine are in place, but very possible they aren't making a great connection because every so often all 3 windows will defrost but most times they won't.

I guess eventually I'll have to pull the seats and resolder the connections. Since the connector for these seem to be a terrible design, I wonder if snipping the connector off and soldering the wire directly in place would be possible. Then sealing over top of the exposed terminal.. Just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread