5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear coils 4th gen vs 5th gen

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the regular Airlift 1000 bags on my last 4th gen truck, these are the red ones that can be put in without removing the rear coil. On my 2019 I bought them again and when they arrived I realized they were the 1000HD model. Had to remove the coil to install these. I’m trading in my 2019 Ram Hemi today for a 2020 ecodiesel. For the cost of the bags I didn’t think it was worth the time to remove the bags from my truck and reinstall on the new truck. I would actually prefer to go with the regular 1000’s because I don’t need the HD ones but Airlift says they won’t work on the new 5th gen rams. I’m wondering if anyone knows why? What could they have changed on the rear coils to make the regular 1000’s not work. Any help is appreciated. I’m tempted for $80 to buy them and try them on my truck.

badpewterz

Reaction score
watch this video
he installs the 1000hd w/o disassembly

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
watch this video
he installs the 1000hd w/o disassembly
Oh nice that’s great. I’m still curious as to why there is separate part numbers for the 5th gen and 4th gen. Obviously they must be different, just seems odd

Users who are viewing this thread