5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Center Window Defroster..

WT541

Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing in April 2022. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the entire rear window assembly under warranty. Hopefully I escaped the cracked rear window for a while. View attachment 148567 View attachment 148568
Looks like one of the posts (the top one) on the window is broken off. Just picked up a certified pre-owned 2021 and noticed my bottom post is broken. Will find out soon if the connection post on the window can be replaced. If not probably why the whole window is replaced. If someone knows that the post connection on the window can be replaced that would be great. Hmmm looks like the silver epoxy adhesive could work......

Last edited:

Sdhills

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me the first time I opened the rear window. It caught the child restraint loop and broke the terminals. Dealerships fix was to replace the rear window. Glass business that done the job said they could easily fix it with the conductive silver epoxy. Shame to replace the entire window but that was the warranty fix, so I got a new window and shoved the restraint strap behind the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread