5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Center Headrest Safety

Nixem

Reaction score
Hi, I am considering a new Laramie. It looks like the rear center seat headrest is non adjustable and short. Is this a safety issue? There may be times, not often, when I would need to use all 3 seats for a longer trip. Any insights are appreciated. Thanks.

keithc85

Reaction score
Safety issue in terms of what? These trucks go through some pretty rigorous safety testing and come out close to the top in most categories.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried about it. I had a dealer tell me once that my car was unsafe to drive and should be towed home when I refused an expensive ABS repair. I asked why it was unsafe to drive, as I thought it may be worse than what he actually said next. He said I could lose control if I need to emergency brake while avoiding an accident. So, I asked if the braking system was still functional, and he said it was, but ABS wasn't working and shouldn't be driven. I've been driving before airbags, before seatbelts were required, before traction control, before 13 cup holders in every car, and before head rests actually were behind the head.

Anybody sitting in that seat should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread