5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Camera Gives A Blank Screen On Uconnect Then Next Day May Come On Again

Kenny4

Reaction score
Anyone have this problem. If so what was the culprit and the fix, Seems to happen when the truck sits for a few days. It will stay off all day then magically come on again. Thanks

Kenny4

Kenny4

Reaction score
No one has had this problem? I had an appointment at the dealers for them to look at it, but I cancelled it as I have zero confidence in them and don't want them messing with the dash area.

Clv22p

Reaction score
There is a TSB for it. Your radio just needs an update.

You could also check the wiring at the tailgate

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've had it happen a couple of times in 3 plus years. On the rare occasion my camera doesn't turn on, I go back and close my tail gate harder. That usually fixes it, same with my last truck, a 2015 F150.

However, on even rarer occasions, the screen would stay black, just waiting half a day or overnight usually has it working again. It could be an update or just one of those things. Considering how rare it happens, I haven't been to the dealer to check it.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
How would I go about finding the TSB. Thanks
You can try contacting the dealer but they may play stupid or try googling it. This may sound weird but disconnect the trucks battery for about 5-10 minutes. That will give the system's a soft reset. Reconnect the battery and see how it is

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Remember that it could take hours or overnight for your Unconnect to start working again after a battery disconnection.

BaseballDad

Reaction score
I get this every now and then. Way too random to take to the dealer. From my experience, it seems to happen most often on hot days if I leave my truck out in the sun.

Users who are viewing this thread