5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Cabin Rattle/Tick over bumps

WisconsinRam

Reaction score
I have two rattles in my 2019 BH I have not yet found the proper cure for. The B pillar trim on the drivers side, right next my ear. If I stick something between the plastic trim and the headline and the trim piece, it will minimize or eliminate the noise.
The other noise comes from the sunvisor/clip. If I unpark it from the clip, it doesn't rattle anymore.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have two rattles in my 2019 BH I have not yet found the proper cure for. The B pillar trim on the drivers side, right next my ear. If I stick something between the plastic trim and the headline and the trim piece, it will minimize or eliminate the noise.
The other noise comes from the sunvisor/clip. If I unpark it from the clip, it doesn't rattle anymore.
do you have sunroof?

Ceri

Reaction score
This issue is murdering my sanity. I spent a lot of time and effort sound deadening my truck, and this little tick sound happens pretty frequently over small bumps. It goes away if I open the sunroof at least halfway, but tilt doesn't seem to do it. It's also not readily apparent over big bumps. Only Goldilocks bumps get it going, and it's getting worse since the weather went cooler in Texas. I'd love to hear a fix for this. The best I can describe it would be like sunglasses in a loose plastic holder just sort of tapping along when jostled, and it sounds like it comes from the rear passenger side.

I've taken my headliner down, added sound deadening, wrapped wires in cloth tape, and ran speaker wires up there. I even have "before" pictures.

1704420969503.png

1704420996395.png

1704421016654.png

1704421032224.png

1704421046661.png

Here's one with some Thinsulate applied, but shows the top of the liner in some places for reference.

1704421069507.png

SandmanMV

Reaction score
Guys, I had a ticking sound coming from the rear window as well on my 2020 Limited. I have the soft tonneau cover. I found that the latch on the right hand side was bouncing against the rear window.

Users who are viewing this thread