5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear cab pressure seal?

Zstreet86

Reaction score
So today when closing my passenger rear door, I was standing in such a way where I could see the space between the bed box and the cab. When I closed the doo, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a flap move in that space well below the glass. It seemed like it was relieving pressure/air from the cab? Anyone else notice this or know how it works? Maybe this could be the source of the leak I've seen some people post about if it doesn't close/seal properly.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Not sure about that, but some believe that is why the rear doors sound cheap when they close (the noise is from the flap, not the door).

Chaser

Reaction score
Caught mine doing the exact same thing today. Any others notice this? Is this supposed to happen or is something loose?

Mine only really does it on rear passenger side.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most cars and trucks have a pressure vent, if not the windows could blow out when you close a door. Trucks have them at the back of the cab, most cars have them in the trunk behind the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread