5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear brakes making noise after leveling

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
So I leveled my Bighorn, 2" front, 1.5 rear. Has anyone had there rear brakes make noise like there dragging after a level in the rear. It only does it when I first start it after sitting for hours and hours.. But the brakes are not dragging, just making noise.. I cant help but wonder if the ebrake is dragging. Im afraid to take it to the dealer and have them tell me its not covered cause of the lift

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting, is it like a metallic foghorn for a moment and then fine all day? Then yes, my Rebel did the exact same thing, rear passenger only so far.

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
So did you end up taking it to the dealer, or are you just dealing with it

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So did you end up taking it to the dealer, or are you just dealing with it
Interestingly I recently had a single vehicle accident on the highway and hit a pad that fell off a crane truck... long story short, it destroyed the driver rear rim and tire as well as the driver running board. All this happened a couple weeks after I levelled the truck and just so happened to start making the "whoooooooooooo" sound in the morning and I thought maybe it was because of the accident. My dealer is well aware that I levelled my truck because they were the ones who did the alignment and confirmed my angles were all to spec.

Point of the story is that the shop foreman confirmed the entire rear end was fine from the accident and that everything was working as it should. I took that as maybe it might be glazed pads in the rear and we'll just keep an eye on it.

Your theory of the parking brake has me rethinking the whole thing.

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
Strange thing is, I just had the front brakes changed under a tsb, I wonder if the backs are under the same thing

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
Yes, different noise, the from was a hot brake sound, like glazed rotors, back is a dragging sound..

Users who are viewing this thread