5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear bed step question/issue

jassim

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen!

So I purchased the rear bed step from a local guy on offerup, actually hope I made a friend with him, because he works at a dodge dealership!:D

But, here's my question, the bed step he sold me only had 2 mounting holes and as he showed me bolted directly to where the 2 rear bumper bolts are, now, everything fits just fine, but the step I find hangs about 1 - 1.5 inches below the bumper which I find weird. I'll have to take a picture later and post it. So, I was wondering if there was a way to adjust and raise the step or did he sell me something that is incorrect?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had two different Mopar corner bed steps and they both had 3 bolts, 2 at the top and 1 at the bottom.

Attachments

• BedStepInstall.pdf
    994.1 KB · Views: 22

Moosefire66

Reaction score
I installed one on my '19 a week ago, I had 3 bolts

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

smoke8r

Reaction score
I have an amp model and it fastens with 2 bolts like you describe. It’s very solid. As for the hang down, mine is about that. Just enough to get a boot toe on it to kick it down.

Users who are viewing this thread