5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear bed step question/issue

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen!

So I purchased the rear bed step from a local guy on offerup, actually hope I made a friend with him, because he works at a dodge dealership!:D

But, here's my question, the bed step he sold me only had 2 mounting holes and as he showed me bolted directly to where the 2 rear bumper bolts are, now, everything fits just fine, but the step I find hangs about 1 - 1.5 inches below the bumper which I find weird. I'll have to take a picture later and post it. So, I was wondering if there was a way to adjust and raise the step or did he sell me something that is incorrect?

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it the Mopar brand? I installed Mopar p/n 82215289AG and it doesn't hang down at all. When the step is stowed all I see is the little part that your foot would press to deploy the step, barely any noticeable gap. I can take a pic as well if you like.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Is it the Mopar brand? I installed Mopar p/n 82215289AG and it doesn't hang down at all. When the step is stowed all I see is the little part that your foot would press to deploy the step, barely any noticeable gap. I can take a pic as well if you like.
Thanks Andy, that's why I'm confused, I saw a few YouTube videos and it should hang as low as mine does.
Thanks for being willing to take a picture, but its okay. I'll post my picture later and see if I can find a part number on it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

FirstRam2020

Reaction score
I installed one (OEM-Mopar) about a week ago and agree, there is a little gap from the step to the bumper, but just enough to get your foot in there to deploy the step. Of note though, mine came with 3 bolts, which requires drilling 1 hole to the frame it mounts on to. After reviewing threads on this forum, I decided for now, I'll just run with the 2 bolts and hold off on drilling a hole for the 3rd.

LouNY

Reaction score
I installed the bed step in my 2019 1500 last week.
I used a part # 82215289AG Mopar step.
To install it required removeing 2 bolts and reinstalling them plus a third bolt that was supplied
that went into a tapped hole, there was a forth point which was a keyhole type pin which slotted
down into the truck frame.
This step fits very close up under the fender untill deployed.

Users who are viewing this thread