5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear back up sensor "beep" not remaining off

Texas415

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the rear back up sensor beep noise not remaining off. If I turn it off it still seems to beep.

For example: If I get into the truck and click the switch to the off position it wont beep for that single time in reverse. But then after a the truck is driven then turned off and then back on, the switch will still show that the system is off but it will beep.

I have heard of other manufactures making this system turn back on automatically when the vehicle is turned off for safety reasons. I just think the noise is annoying especially backing up within a parking garage. Would be annoying to constantly have to turn the switch off every time when backing up.

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
What you are hearing is the rear cross path detection. I don't believe you can disable that.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the rear back up sensor beep noise not remaining off. If I turn it off it still seems to beep.

For example: If I get into the truck and click the switch to the off position it wont beep for that single time in reverse. But then after a the truck is driven then turned off and then back on, the switch will still show that the system is off but it will beep.

I have heard of other manufactures making this system turn back on automatically when the vehicle is turned off for safety reasons. I just think the noise is annoying especially backing up within a parking garage. Would be annoying to constantly have to turn the switch off every time when backing up.

We're still not 100% sure what all is retained in the seat memory, but I'd say give that a shot too. Turn off beep setting then save your seat memory position and see if it sticks then.

warvet

Reaction score
My beep setting is 'on' in uconnect. When I turn off the rear park sensor (switch), the beep stays off all day. Backing in my garage, I have it off because it used to slam on brakes thinking I was going to hit the wall. Backing in parking space at work, it would do the same unless I went extremely, extremely slow in both situations.

I have seat memory settings as well. So as I toggle my switch off and on in various situations ...........the beep stays off or on depending on my switch. I don't change anything in uconnect.

Ickabod

Reaction score
My beep setting is 'on' in uconnect. When I turn off the rear park sensor (switch), the beep stays off all day. Backing in my garage, I have it off because it used to slam on brakes thinking I was going to hit the wall. Backing in parking space at work, it would do the same unless I went extremely, extremely slow in both situations.

I have seat memory settings as well. So as I toggle my switch off and on in various situations ...........the beep stays off or on depending on my switch. I don't change anything in uconnect.
You can disable the rear parking brake assist (the slamming on of the brakes) without turning off the sensors. I did this so I can tell how close I get to my garage without the truck trying to stop it. To disable it, go into uConnect and look for "brake assist".

warvet

Reaction score
You can disable the rear parking brake assist (the slamming on of the brakes) without turning off the sensors. I did this so I can tell how close I get to my garage without the truck trying to stop it. To disable it, go into uConnect and look for "brake assist".

true that!!! I don't mind rear brake assist 99% of situations. Just those two situations, I mentioned, when I don't like it. So I just toggle the entire rear 'off' in those situations. I actually like the brake assist for those times where I truly may not see something. Crazy thing is ...I'm still getting used to the 'knob' for shifting the truck. More than once, I've gotten out of the truck and the dang thing wasn't in Park.....I had turned the radio knob. And the truck stopped itself. Yep --I'm new to Ram. I'll get it soon lol

Users who are viewing this thread