5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear axle limiter straps for rear airbags

Edmontonram

Reaction score
So I purchased some rear air bags for my 1500, but the Pacbrake instructions say to use an axle straps to limit the travel of the rear axle when taking the truck in for service. They do not want the axle hanging from the airbags when the truck is lifted on a hoist as this could damage the air bags.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what type of straps to use, where to get them or how to mount them?

Thanks

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Axle extension can happen in the real world, too. I know of a hill near me that will give you a couple seconds of weightlessness if crested at about 60 MPH. Sure, don't do that, but what if you didn't see it coming? Are the air bags going to blow? Or maybe just one, causing you to veer off the road? Shouldn't the bags have been designed to deal with at least the maximum travel allowed by the shock absorbers?

Bo-Bearski

Reaction score
So I purchased some rear air bags for my 1500, but the Pacbrake instructions say to use an axle straps to limit the travel of the rear axle when taking the truck in for service. They do not want the axle hanging from the airbags when the truck is lifted on a hoist as this could damage the air bags.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what type of straps to use, where to get them or how to mount them?

Thanks
Try on off-road shop for limit straps, like Off Road Warehouse ORW. Check their website. Here in So-cal, there are plenty to choose from, but not sure about your area.

Users who are viewing this thread