5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear 5100 installation?

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
I'm going to install my rear 5100's myself and possibly a 1" rear spacer. I'm prety good mechanically, but have never replaced rear truck shocks before. Anyone have any links to instructional videos or tips for installation without using a lift?

Last edited:

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
It is very self explanatory once you get under there. The top bolts are a pain to get at but other than that, very basic install. I found removing the axle end bolt on the trackbar gives the needed clearance/movement to get the spacers in place. Remember to torque the bolt down when the truck is back on the ground.

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
It is very self explanatory once you get under there. The top bolts are a pain to get at but other than that, very basic install. I found removing the axle end bolt on the trackbar gives the needed clearance/movement to get the spacers in place. Remember to torque the bolt down when the truck is back on the ground.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread