5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear 1.5" lift, New Bump Stops???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Timbren SES is specifically designed for heavy towing/heavy loads and are incredibly stiff. Essentially they make it to where your truck fully rides on the bump stops when hauling heavy loads so it doesn’t squat a ton. However for off road use it’s absolutely the opposite of what you’d want because it limits nearly all up travel and will cause harsh bottom outs on every bump. 👍🏼
I appreciate the explanation!

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have timbren because of my towing habits but when off roading i kinda take them out lol i dont full send or half send usually trails im going 20-35 mph

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Metalcloak bump stops should be here Tuesday, but won't be installed anytime soon.

mplaramie

Reaction score
My Metalcloak bump stops should be here Tuesday, but won't be installed anytime soon.
Mine arrive today.... Now just trying to figure out if I need the 19mm or 21mm Suspension Maxx front sway bar links.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're using OEM struts and spacers with the BDS Kit, unless you opted for the coilovers, which have them. Travel stays the same.
ahhh ok yes i have the fox 2.5 … yea i feel like my front bump stops are alittle soft lol

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ahhh ok yes i have the fox 2.5 … yea i feel like my front bump stops are alittle soft lol
If you're bottoming out with coilovers, then adjust them tighter with the DCS Adjuster. Otherwise you might need them tuned to certain specs for your driving.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
gotcha maybe i need harder spring lol heavy little diesel
Might be worth calling BDS and asking. I'm not sure how much heavier the diesel is compared to the Hemi, if significant enough. Definitely don't want to mess up the coilovers. Pricey.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Even with my hemi I feel like the coils are too soft so I’d imagine with the ecodiesel you’d definitely want heavier rate coils for sure

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
They take approximately 5 seconds to install haha. Just pull the old ones out and pop the new ones in. They don’t require any tools or anything, just your hands and less than a minute of work 👍🏼

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My MetalCloaks arrived yesterday as well. They look like they are truly plug and play. Lol. I’ll get the B12 rear coils and 5100’s installed, along with the MetalCloaks in the next few weekends. Will be putting the Walther PDP to use this weekend. You know…priorities🤣🤣🤣

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They take approximately 5 seconds to install haha. Just pull the old ones out and pop the new ones in. They don’t require any tools or anything, just your hands and less than a minute of work 👍🏼
Yeah I won't do until I figure out my Tire/Wheel setup and do the suspension and Core4X4 all at once. Trying to decide cheapest stick with OEM 22 and 285/55 or bite the bullet and all new wheels tires in 20's most likely. Tires are crazy priced anymore. Got mine yesterday also.

Plus I'm doing LCA Mevotech TTX when I do the suspension since I have around 80K miles.

Daverous

Reaction score
Accutune bumped my springs from the stock 450lb to a 550lb for diesel using my cat scale ticket weights with a few mods. For what that’s worth using their calculator. Fox 2.5 dsc shocks, with valving tweaks.

Feels a shade high after running it for 6k or more. With a new steel bumper it’d probably be perfect for me. Then again, I don’t jump much in my area of Kentucky. 550 may be perfect for you.

Daverous

Reaction score
Also, since this has moved in a few different directions with a few different parts mentioned I figured I’d chime in again.

The JT parts are really nice to have. I used the Clayton springs with their upper and lower adjustable control arms, JT tracbar from core 4x4, and JT bumps from metalcloak. My only DT parts were the shocks, sway bar, and links.

1.5” over stock rebel so 2.5 over standard and it’s as nice as I’ve ever had. Handles perfectly after the shocks were played with. Was also able to get my rear axle centered perfectly and my pinion set perfectly in spec.

Tap that JT market!

Attachments

• IMG_2113.jpeg
    IMG_2113.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2112.jpeg
    IMG_2112.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Accutune bumped my springs from the stock 450lb to a 550lb for diesel using my cat scale ticket weights with a few mods. For what that’s worth using their calculator. Fox 2.5 dsc shocks, with valving tweaks.

Feels a shade high after running it for 6k or more. With a new steel bumper it’d probably be perfect for me. Then again, I don’t jump much in my area of Kentucky. 550 may be perfect for you.
i think i will try that but im also wonder if i should wait since im gonna have evilmfg do my long travel with bilsteins 3.0

Users who are viewing this thread