5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realtruck Order issues

Islander

Reaction score
Reading these posts has got me nervous now...I just ordered a Retrax Pro MX from RealTruck for my incoming Big Horn...hope It was not a mistake!

TonyCA

Reaction score
So got some movement today:

First I got the default notification that the cover had shipped.

About half an hour later I got an email saying my issue was resolved and that I can't cancel my order since the package has shipped.

Hopefully it's the right product and I can put this down to supply chain issues!
Cover landed and was correct - all installed now!

Looks like just poor communication from Realtruck mixed with supply chain issues. Got a good enough price that I may look to them again for ordering.

NJC1684

Reaction score
RealTruck was sold a number of years ago. The founder is now back in business at RHRSwag.com

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Good morning, @Shine006

I want to publicly apologize for the experience you are having with RealTruck. Ordering a new cover, for a new truck, should be an exciting process! Then to receive your item used, not once, but twice? That is antithetical to our company goals. As I mentioned in our PM, I am actively working with my senior leadership to address this situation and work to put guardrails in place to prevent similar incidents from reoccurring. While we want to ensure forum members get a great deal, if we can’t provide a quality product and a positive buying experience, the price is irrelevant. I recognize this and will continue to work with you to make sure your return is resolved quickly and seamlessly. I’ll further extend my offer that in the future when you need additional parts that we carry, please reach out directly. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and reestablish your trust with RealTruck.

Addressing a few of the other concerns on this thread, supply chain issues certainly have put a unique level of stress on our build to order items. Lead times that have historically been 3-5 business days, have been pushed out to 30-40 days. Our development team has tried to accommodate for these delays in their estimates listed on the site, but as you have experienced @TonyCA , there still can be some discrepancies. While our intention is to remain transparent, the result can lead to pushed out shipping dates. Thankfully over the last 3-6 months, these lead times have started to drop back down. They’re not quite where they were pre-covid, but we’re working that way.

I encourage anyone who is interested in a product to PM me directly! Not only do we offer forum exclusive discounts, but I will also gladly review my internal documentation to ensure you have the most accurate, up to date order information possible. Additionally, if you have any open or existing customer service requests, please copy me on them. You can PM or email me at [email protected]. I’ll work with our team to escalate the request and resolve it as quickly as possible. I am here to help!

Last edited:

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Reading these posts has got me nervous now...I just ordered a Retrax Pro MX from RealTruck for my incoming Big Horn...hope It was not a mistake!
@Islander Would you mind shooting me in a PM the email you ordered with?
I will go ahead and check on the status of this for you!

Islander

Reaction score
@Islander Would you mind shooting me in a PM the email you ordered with?
I will go ahead and check on the status of this for you!
Hi Alex...just saw your note and appreciate it. When I originally posted I actually had experienced no issues at all with Realtruck...i just commented that I hoped I would not run into any issues. Since then my Retrax Pro MX cover has been received at my freight forwarder's warehouse in Miami...and is now on its way to me (i live in the Caribbean)...so I should have it very soon. Thanks again and sorry if my post seemed negative...the whole ordering process and communication with Realtruck has been top notch.

Phil

Last edited:

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@Islander Im glad to hear that!
Youll have to send some pictures of it installed with some of that beautiful back ground!

Users who are viewing this thread