5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real world AC Test! New RAM vs F150!

timmbos

Reaction score
TFL truck just published it's video in an AC comparison test. Ram is 52 degrees vs. 42 degrees at the vent from the F150. Despite the vent temp difference, at the end of the test...there was only a total difference in cab temperature of 1.7 degrees. Interesting despite the 10 degree temp difference at the vents between the two trucks. As shown in the test....my Ram Limited as well only has been able to reach a low of 50 degrees at the vent. So...I guess this is what Ram says is normal for their system? I love my Limited, however the AC performance really disappoints me. I hope something can be done about it. I sure would love to feel 40 degree temps at the vents instead of 50!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TFL truck just published it's video in an AC comparison test. Ram is 52 degrees vs. 42 degrees at the vent from the F150. Despite the vent temp difference, at the end of the test...there was only a total difference in cab temperature of 1.7 degrees. Interesting despite the 10 degree temp difference at the vents between the two trucks. As shown in the test....my Ram Limited as well only has been able to reach a low of 50 degrees at the vent. So...I guess this is what Ram says is normal for their system? I love my Limited, however the AC performance really disappoints me. I hope something can be done about it. I sure would love to feel 40 degree temps at the vents instead of 50!

Please see existing thread(s) discussing this.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, that was interesting to watch. I think the upshot of all of it is that you're going to get cooled down either way, but the air temperature will be a little slower to come down in the Ram. They *should* have looked at relative humidity levels, however, because 70 degrees at 100% humidity feels pretty nasty while 75 at 20% humidity feels like you need a sweater. I went back and looked and the relative humidity of the Ford @ 70 degrees was 32.2, while the RAm at 71.7 degrees was 39.3. That's a big difference, so not only do you have the couple of degrees of temperature but you've also got a 7% spread on humidity. For whatever reason (probably the mixing door as posted), the Ram's system is just not as efficient at cooling down.

For me, the AC works plenty fine, so I doubt I'll ever do the mods, but I can see why some people would want to.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of the things Ram touted a lot with the redesigned DT trucks was how much more volume the vent system could put out, stating something like 30 or 50% more airflow compared to the DS trucks. With more airflow, you don't need the air to be as cool in order to achieve the same cooling.

Users who are viewing this thread