5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real MPG of your Rebel

RamOwner313

Reaction score
Hey all,

What is your real MPG for your Ram Rebel?
City and Highway?

raygun9

Reaction score
I'm starting to get an average of 15 now that the weather has warmed up. All winter I was at 13. Not sure about city vs highway as I do probably a 50/50 mix of both but those numbers were all hand calculations since October when I got it. All stock running on 89octane.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hemi engine, so almost 13mpg. This is with mixed (70 city/30 highway). This is driving at normal speeds and acceleration in the city and 75 mph on the highway.

If I hypermile in a way where I don't care how pissed the drivers are behind me, being very ginger with the throttle, I can hit 17 on the city. But this would mean even Prius driver's giving me the finger.

As for the highway, I can probably get 19 if I drove around 65 mph, but that would being the slow lanes, which equal rock chips on my windshield.

So I get a lousy 13 mpg combine because I actually want to enjoy driving. In no means is this "sporty driving", if I drive like a typical Charger driver, I would be at around 11 mpg.

clazer

Reaction score
10 in town and 15 highway. Interestingly unchanged by tire size- the gearing is pretty numerically high on the off-road trucks.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
I get around 13 city and 22 highway . Our speed limits up here are 100 KPH so 62 MPH .

Ulster

Reaction score
I live in the mountains so a complex mix of driving. My nearly 4 weeks of data is 15.6 MPG and I don’t drive like a grandma. Oh, using premium fuel.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I live in the mountains so a complex mix of driving. My nearly 4 weeks of data is 15.6 MPG and I don’t drive like a grandma. Oh, using premium fuel.

I wonder if having the Mopar CAI like your GT has is what helps your mpg compared to stock trucks with the carbon charcoal post filter in the airbox.

Many people have mentioned that removing that charcoal post filter in the air box resulted in improved mpg.

lewdogg21

Reaction score
That would be interesting to read more about and see if others with the CAI can replicate that mileage. My MPG on the computer is like 12-13. It's so bad I don't bother to hand calculate.

raygun9

Reaction score
I dont have the cai but I did cut out the charcoal filter. Still 12-13 in winter and 14-15 spring/summer. That being said, I cut it out the day I brought it home.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

cliffsta

Reaction score
I'm getting 13-14 around town. I've gotten 15-16 mostly highway. FWIW I have less than 2000 miles on my truck, so I'm hoping it goes up 1-2 MPGs with time. 5.7 Hemi etorque.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thumbnail_8E4CF6B7-8297-4C5F-B453-A0A6613CC328.jpg
My most recent 3 day camping trip. I'd say about 50% highway cruising, 10% city, 25% sitting in slow moving traffic, and 15% going through canyon.

Booch

Reaction score
First 5,000 miles stock, just under 16. First 25,000 miles with lift/level/tires, pretty consistently 15 avg unless a heavy wind, or I spend a lot of time city driving and it'd get worse. Last 5,000 miles... who knows, because I removed the gauge it from the instrument cluster!

BTB123

Reaction score
The last two tanks I have filled with 91 which is premium in Colorado and my MPG has climbed 1 MPG. Not sure if that’s worth the extra cost but I found it interesting.

UnclJim

Reaction score
The last two tanks I have filled with 91 which is premium in Colorado and my MPG has climbed 1 MPG. Not sure if that’s worth the extra cost but I found it interesting.
I noticed about the same, but being BJ's sells premium cheaper than most every other
station sells 89 at its a no brainer

BTB123

Reaction score
I noticed about the same, but being BJ's sells premium cheaper than most every other
station sells 89 at its a no brainer
I’ll be hitting Sam’s and buying premium which is about the same as regular everywhere else. It’s not “top tier” fuel but it getting cycled through so fast that it should always be fresh.

UnclJim

Reaction score
I’ll be hitting Sam’s and buying premium which is about the same as regular everywhere else. It’s not “top tier” fuel but it getting cycled through so fast that it should always be fresh.
throw in a bottle of Lucas now and then as well. I use it no matter if I get top tier or non. One bottle every other month since new

Users who are viewing this thread