5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readylift UCA

SeanGTS

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the motofab 2.5" leveling kit with these UCA from readylift: https://www.amazon.com/Readylift-67-1500-Upper-Control-Dodge-Ram/dp/B016XE4NVS (Part number 67-1500).

I called readylift twice, there sales department told me the control arms were interchangeable from 2018 to 2019. I then called them again today with a different question, the tech rep told me they have a different control arm specifically for the 2019 (they sell it with their 4 inch lift kit).

Should I keep running the 2018 UCA? I believe we have a few members running the kit already correct?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know how much this will help but if it does....

I am running their SKU 66-1921. It’s the 2” level kit with the spacers for the 19 so I can’t say for certain the arms are identical.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the motofab 2.5" leveling kit with these UCA from readylift: https://www.amazon.com/Readylift-67-1500-Upper-Control-Dodge-Ram/dp/B016XE4NVS (Part number 67-1500).

I called readylift twice, there sales department told me the control arms were interchangeable from 2018 to 2019. I then called them again today with a different question, the tech rep told me they have a different control arm specifically for the 2019 (they sell it with their 4 inch lift kit).

Should I keep running the 2018 UCA? I believe we have a few members running the kit already correct?
The ball joint cup angle is slightly different between the 67-1500 and the 66-1921, otherwise they are exactly the same. I wouldn't worry about it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't over think it. The installation says it all, perfect fit is a perfect fit. I would be more suspicious of inflated prices on 2019 parts that are re-numbered "old stock" items from some of these aftermarket suppliers. Why wouldn't they take advantage and improve their profits off of unknowing new Ram owners. :unsure:

SeanGTS

Reaction score
Okay, I feel better.

Stupid question.... Is there a right and a left UCA? Hole goes in the back for the ABS sensor? Does it matter if they're flipped facing the front?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, I feel better.

Stupid question.... Is there a right and a left UCA? Hole goes in the back for the ABS sensor? Does it matter if they're flipped facing the front?
Left and right are different. I would not suggest having them flipped.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, the directions and parts were not very clear on which side was which.
I didn't have an issue with mine. The kit said the plugged hole was supposed to face a certain way.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
I don’t know how much this will help but if it does....

I am running their SKU 66-1921. It’s the 2” level kit with the spacers for the 19 so I can’t say for certain the arms are identical.

Can you tell me if the back side of the ball joint on the UCA is gusseted? The picture literally shows one is and one isn't...

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you tell me if the back side of the ball joint on the UCA is gusseted? The picture literally shows one is and one isn't...
The 67-1500 which is design for the DS 4th gen trucks is gusseted. The 66-1921 which is design for the 2019+ DT 5th gen trucks is not gusseted. Even though the picture on Readylifts web site shows one arm with a gusset and one without for the pictures of the 66-1921. Unless they have added them to the arms since I bought mine the 66-1921 do not have a gusset.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
The 67-1500 which is design for the DS 4th gen trucks is gusseted. The 66-1921 which is design for the 2019+ DT 5th gen trucks is not gusseted. Even though the picture on Readylifts web site shows one arm with a gusset and one without for the pictures of the 66-1921. Unless they have added them to the arms since I bought mine the 66-1921 do not have a gusset.

Thanks man, Is their an orientation hole in the UCA? any holes at all? I am actually going ot order these and mount the ball stud for air ride on one and use it with my daystar lift on my air ride. :D

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks man, Is their an orientation hole in the UCA? any holes at all? I am actually going ot order these and mount the ball stud for air ride on one and use it with my daystar lift on my air ride. :D
Yes there is one hole in the rear tube of each arm that points strait back, I would guess about 2 inches away from the bolt hole. It has a plastic plug in it, I have never popped the plug out to see if the hole is threaded or not. You may have to tap it to thread in the stud for the air ride control link.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
Yes there is one hole in the rear tube of each arm that points strait back, I would guess about 2 inches away from the bolt hole. It has a plastic plug in it, I have never popped the plug out to see if the hole is threaded or not. You may have to tap it to thread in the stud for the air ride control link.

The link is on the front unfortunately... I have been debating on drilling and tapping or welding it on. If they have a hole in the tube adding another on the other side shouldn't be a big deal. Thanks man.

jabara572

Reaction score
I just received my 2" set with new UCA's and they have the new special black bushings (not red) and no gussets behind the ball joint.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tubing they used feels like it's got a pretty heavy wall thickness. I think you would be fine to drill and tap it.

DandySam

Reaction score
I just received my 2" set with new UCA's and they have the new special black bushings (not red) and no gussets behind the ball joint.
Stupid question I know, but what exactly is a “Gusset”?

Users who are viewing this thread